Theives took everything, just a husk...

TurboTommy

Carless Loser
Well, they pretty much took everything that could come off...
I'm not sure if the theives put those wheels on there, or the tow yard...nevertheless, I left a message with the insurance company. They'll probably let me know how much they think it was worth tomorrow.

gone.gif

gone2.jpg

gone3.gif

Man, Sorry about your car! It looks like they even took most of the weatherstripping! Wow! At least it would be a good shell for someone who wrecks their GN. It may drive again...

James

They didn't takt the steering wheel? :confused:

Bastards - Good luck to you, don't take any shiet from the insurance company..

pricks... at least they left you the rear end, when my El Camino was stolen they even took the rear end.

what i dont understand. is these worthless humans are smart enough to dump cars far away from there chop shop correct? well how do they transport the car with out anyone noticeing? always wondered that...

-Neil

Sorry about the loss.
Hope the insurance company does you right!

What I can't understand is with so many GN's still for sale.
Why would someone steal your car & not just buy another if they
needed parts to fix a gn they had?

Or do they just sell the items hot.
Is there that much of a calling for the parts?

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Sorry about the loss.
Hope the insurance company does you right!

What I can't understand is with so many GN's still for sale.
Why would someone steal your car & not just buy another if they
needed parts to fix a gn they had?

Or do they just sell the items hot.
Is there that much of a calling for the parts?

http://www.ebay.com

:(

Can't help but notice a few things, such as the steering column/ ignition switch seem untouched as well as all the obvious professional stripping and the uncut wiring. Someone knew what they were doing and how to do it. How long did they have the car for?
That is a sad loss, do you plan to rebuild it? If so just find one of the many low mileage granny n/a regals and use it for all the generic parts. You know you can find the engine and misc. parts if you have the intestinal fortitude and drive.
I just found some pictures of my Cutlass (in signature) and while no where near as bare as your car I did strip my old one to almost the same point as yours to repair the current one and another Cutlass. In the pictures the car looks like **** but I don't think I ever saw that when I was building it, just what would look like and does now.

Don't know what your plans are but good luck and keep us posted.;)

Oh, and I agree, with everything else that they took, not the steering wheel???!!! ...Or the rearend, assuming it is still the original

I feel your pain. Having your personal belongings taken from you is the worst feeling in the world. Me and my old man arrived home last friday morning at around 5:00am and my sisters accord was gone from the driveway. We found it Sat. morning sitting on 4 donuts. Almost no gas was used, they took all the speakers, corner lights, windshield washer lights, air filter, rims and tires, radio, cd changer, alarm brain, grille, and all her personal stuff inside. They broke the key mechanism that locks her shifter in place. Rolled the car down the driveway and probably pushed it out of the neighborhood with another car. Started it and took it to their garage. Dismantled it and parked it by 6:00am that morning. She just got new 17" rims 2 weeks ago, the rims are why they stole the car and the thieves little helpers took the other crap just for the hell of it. We've been doing our own investigating since the cops don't seem to give a crap. We put her old rims on before we brought it home. I turned the car around so we could get to the other side wheels. While turning it around we found out that all four donuts were put on with just 2 lugnuts and the front drivers donut was wobbling like crazy. The lugnuts didn't fit and they forced them on, just barely. The car was not very drivable. So we know it was stripped not to far from where it was found. So we have been scoping out garages near by and leaving flyers. We are gonna catch who did it. I feel your pain and anger.

I'd consider keeping what's left...cause it's in perfect shape -- what's left of it, that is. But I have no place to put it. Our garage is currently occupied, and has been for a while, by a VW Thing -- it's a show car -- really nice.

I was wondering if they put in a different rearend. I think they even took the shocks. The ignition looks untouched. I wonder how they started the car...

Anyway, I will probably just take a brother's car, or find some lame communter/beater car.

I will one day own a TR again -- Hopefully. Probably not till I have my own place to put it.

Sorry to see one stripped down like that. Somebody used a rollback and then to a shop. It takes time to strip one that bad without tearing the parts up. Sad to say but a fellow Gn owner needed parts and decided to use yours. Any parts that you can identify? Turbo, dp etc. Keep your eye out you might and you might get lucky. Go to the dragship and look under TR hoods and see if you notice anything. Slim chance. No way to protect your car from a rollback.

Dude, sorry for your lose. It is kinda ironic they left the steering wheel and even the center cap. That is not an easy or cheap part now days. I have seen Thanksgiving turkeys with more meat left on them after the meal than your car had. At least they did a surgical job. Would be a great shell to use for a build up. Pay attention to who comes forward and wants to buy the shell, you may find the thief. Man, this must really leave you feeling violated. Good luck with the insurance company also. Makes all of us aware of just how risky it is having one of these things. The stealth racer that some real tweekers know what it is all about. Hope they catch them. Good luck dude, Mark :(

Originally posted by bishir
Maybe they put it on a flatbed and hauled it away?

James

I heard it start and saw it drive off. I ran out after my car, but I was on the second story of an appartment building. :(

Yeah, if anyone sees any parts for sale in the bay area, let me know....

Lookout for a motor with, Magnacore wires, Accufab fpr, 868 injectors, and THDP. Also the tranny had a drain plug installed. A/C was converted to 134a, of course it had to be dumped out.

TTommy did you have any type anti-theft devices like a cuff or chip?
Imagine if you had time to get down to the street from your apartment.

This story might be different.

Wow if you saw it drive off your local PD must really be bad at tracking down a hot car.

Looks just like mine only they left your the steering wheel and colunm. Thieves usually punch-out the left side of the steering column. They tried that twice on the GN I have now but could'nt start it 'cause of the Thrasher chip. I feel your pain, good luck with your insurance company.

Originally posted by SuperSix
They didn't takt the steering wheel? :confused:

Bastards - Good luck to you, don't take any shiet from the insurance company..

I was thinking the same thing Mark. Steering wheel, and the discontinued chrome turn signal stalk.

But they took the run of the mill regal dash, heater box, stuff like that

Hell, column looks intact....you leave the keys in it??

Fishy...:confused:

Another thought here. Sometimes the thieves don't butcher the car so they can buy the 'leftovers' from the insurance company. Then they reinstall the parts they stole and have a complete car with legit papers for minimal cash. Check out where the car goes (or at least who the bidders are). See if it ends up with the original engine back in.
Terry

I dunno dude depending on sentimental value - me personally I'd do it up again but its up to you