The way this war is..very pitiful !!

Originally posted by national
thinking whats going through the guys minds there & there family back here..

Every single person fighting volunteered - there is no draft - this was chosen! In addition, a large % of the soldiers joined after Desert-Storm because they WANT to FIGHT!

DO you think the leaders of this great nation - a nation that goes out of its way to avoid civilian enemy casualties at all costs - has chosen a path that would put our own soldiers at maximized risk?

Come on - think before you spew.:rolleyes:

president is rushing the troops in & its a no brainer were gonna have much more casuities this way...very pitiful to watch on T.V. thinking whats going through the guys minds there & there family back here..i know we have to do it..just should do it with as few casulities as possible & just doesnt look like were doing it that way
Brian

I cant help but think Hussein is a smart guy, and is ALLOWING our troops in to gaurantee his country wont get the **** bombed out of them as Bush threatened. In a game of chess, you fool the enemy into thinking they made a good move, sacrificing a few pauns, when in fact you're setting yourself up for the win.

I wonder if our "intelligence" has thought of this?

IMHO, we should have taken out ALL the trash on 9/12.... but who am I?

Re: Re: The way this war is..very pitiful !!

Originally posted by TurboJim
I cant help but think Hussein is a smart guy, and is ALLOWING our troops in to gaurantee his country wont get the **** bombed out of them as Bush threatened. In a game of chess, you fool the enemy into thinking they made a good move, sacrificing a few pauns, when in fact you're setting yourself up for the win.

I wonder if our "intelligence" has thought of this?

IMHO, we should have taken out ALL the trash on 9/12.... but who am I?
You are so correct jim..really it should have been finished back in 1991 but who am I to say....
But 9-12 would be my sencond choice for sure..our big country cant even get one lil man named bin laden why do they think they can get hussein?
Like chess I was also thinking the same..hussein is no dummy..let them in then they cant get out..plus he may have a lil more advantage then..our 300,000 to there 500,000 doesnt sound like very good odds...with all of us in there make it harder to use the big bombs or carpet bombing..just hope we arent outsmarted..
Its all started now...good luck to us all
Brian

Planes...

Looks like the 'racky Air Force is doing it's job :rolleyes: The pilots who made it through Desert Storm called in sick. The Air Force suppose to scramble when their country is being attacked and defend against the infidels :p ... What a joke , not one plane has left the airfield. They know better... Our pilots are chomping at the bit to do their part :)
We will probably have a cake walk to Bad Dad and only see white hankies and welcome signs ......... I want to see and hear the "Big Stuff" :D

The 'racky Army better not cluster up around the outer perimeter on Bad Dad because the A-10's will have a field day like they did when the 'racky Army was leaving Kuwait on the road out.
B-52 bombers have left Britain , the 'rackys said they hated the B-52's in Desert Storm ....... :)

I am quite sure that Gen. Franks is aware of everything that could happen. I don't think there is anything some car buffs could bring up that has not already been thought of.

SFC Chapman

All we need to do is drug B.A., fly over and drop the A-team in the dessert give them a car, some sheet metal, a torch and some gun powder and they should take care of the rest before Col. Decker gets there.

They need to have" Junk Yard Wars" there to build a "Weapon of Mass Transit " so the 'Racky Army can have a free ride out :p

I think it would give a different spin to that show, that's for sure. Or Monster garage...

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
well i heard that we lost 4 marines and 7 british in a helicopter accident and one marine in combat..

-neil
Yeah I know..did you see on CNN the black guy that was saying "look closly george bush...you killed my one & only son"
I felt so bad for him...one of the many guys that have giving his life for our country so that we can live our normal life that we do & the freedom to have stuff like we do..like I said earlier..very pitiful..but were only gonna see more...
Brian

I feel for anyone who looses a child or anyone that dies in a act of violence. However when you join the armed forces, you train to kill, protect and serve. You get killed walking across the street, on a plane, train bus or anywere. To blame our goverment or our President is wrong. I do not think our President sends our troops to War to watch them die. It is sad, however this is war and people die in war. This to shall pass and there will be a liberated country were people can think on the own, choose their career and maybe live with no fear from their goverment. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Steve Wood and Chuck Leeper both volunteered their blow up dolls for paratroop purposes.

The military turned them down .... saying the arabs wouldn't be fooled by blow up sheep.:D

They darn sure fooled you! You reckon those poor Iraqui's are smarter than you? I thought only Zap was smarter than you. After all, he kept his sheep locked up when you came around!:rolleyes: :cool:

Arm chair General

Brian said:
"i know we have to do it..just should do it with as few casulities as possible & just doesnt look like were doing it that way "

And I bet the chief of staff is REALLY disappointed that you were not available for consultation prior to the war starting...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh ya, I did my time in the service, and so did my son.
1960-66 USAF
The kid: USMC Desert Storm
We both survived without the "arm chair directors"...
;) ;)

Yeah I know..did you see on CNN the black guy that was saying "look closly george bush...you killed my one & only son"
I felt so bad for him...one of the many guys that have giving his life for our country so that we can live our normal life that we do & the freedom to have stuff like we do..like I said earlier..very pitiful..but were only gonna see more...
Brian

Pitiful... I don't think so. Sad and tragic, absolutely. My father has already lost one son, my brother many years ago. (not military or anything). So I shudder to think of how me father would feel if he were to lose me as well, being his only son now. Still, I can't help but think my father would be proud of my if I was serving my country right now. Can you blame George Bush for this... no. Can you blame Gen. Tommy Franks for this?? No. This IS war and every soldier that signs on that dotted line knows what they are agreeing to and what risks they are taking.

Furthermore, as someone else said in this thread, I have no doubt in my mind that the commanders of this operation know what they are doing and are taking every precaution that brings our military back in one piece. You, nor I know what is EXACTLY going on down there. So I don't think it's right to go laying blame right away.

One last thing to think about.. let's set the clock back say 60 years.. Today I heard it reported that there were so far 3 Iraqi deaths. 60 years ago, we'd be adding a few zeroes onto that figure per day. I think it's amazing how they've managed to do this with almost surgical precision. I feel sorry for the 3 Iraqis if they were innocent casualties. But I thank our country that we've worked so hard to keep that from being a lot higher number.

OK.. off my soap box now. :)

Originally posted by ChrisCairns
Steve Wood and Chuck Leeper both volunteered their blow up dolls for paratroop purposes.

The military turned them down .... saying the arabs wouldn't be fooled by blow up sheep.:D

When i borrowed .....er, saw Chucks doll, they were mistreated. It was deflated, arms tied behind her back, make-up running , he's not nice to these poor Vinyl Vixens :p

Re: Arm chair General

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Brian said:
"i know we have to do it..just should do it with as few casulities as possible & just doesnt look like were doing it that way "

And I bet the chief of staff is REALLY disappointed that you were not available for consultation prior to the war starting...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh ya, I did my time in the service, and so did my son.
1960-66 USAF
The kid: USMC Desert Storm
We both survived without the "arm chair directors"...
;) ;)
Your one of the ones with the smart a** answers that Ive posted about before.....My dad served time also & didnt die in vietnam so whats up with the arm chair director comment? What does you & your son have to do with this topic? Youd be feeling differnt if your son did die & you will never know cause he didnt die in war..
Brian

Re: Re: Arm chair General

Your one of the ones with the smart a** answers that Ive posted about before.....My dad served time also & didnt die in vietnam so whats up with the arm chair director comment? What does you & your son have to do with this topic? Youd be feeling differnt if your son did die & you will never know cause he didnt die in war..
Brian

Umm thats not a very nice thing to say.

Kevin

Sorry I know its not..I was in a very bad mood at the time I read it & just splurged..Sorry again..al the stress get to some of us..
Brian

It is 100% impossible to accomplish the stated objectives without having troops on the ground actually taking territory. It is an unfortunate reality of war that people will get killed - both military and civilians. It sucks - it really does. However, at some point, a choice must be made, and then acted upon in an overwhelming manner.

This campaign is being carried out in the way that the MILITARY EXPERTS think will give us the best chance of success with the least amount of casualties. Trying to blame Bush for "rushing the troops in" and putting them in more danger than they need to be in is simply not true. The President has essentially given the military certain objectives, outlined a few things that they could not do, and then told them to go out and do it as best as they could.

I believe this is happening. With luck, the Iraqi leadership will soon capitulate. If they do not, it will get ugly. That sucks too, but is necessary...you simply can't uproot an army with air power alone.

BTW...I also suspect that Hussien is either dead (pretty likely really) or very badly injured. That first strike will likely go down in history as a huge triumph of Intel and military cooperation. Could also have been just dumb luck...but I doubt it.