The way this war is..very pitiful !!

national

Im not against the war at all..im all for it but I cant believe our president is putting our guys in as bad a shape as he is..making our guys go in & give there life for our country..I dont see why we cant do alot more from the air with missles then later send in ground troops..the president is rushing the troops in & its a no brainer were gonna have much more casuities this way...very pitiful to watch on T.V. thinking whats going through the guys minds there & there family back here..i know we have to do it..just should do it with as few casulities as possible & just doesnt look like were doing it that way
Brian

Big Stuff

What you see now on TV is just knocking the communications and leaders out so the the " Big Stuff" will follow.....When the "Big Stuff" hits, probably a 1,000 Cruise Missles, a bunch of F-111's, F-117's, B-1's, B-2's , B-52's, F-18's, F15s', F-14's, F-16's ,Apache choppers, A-10's, 155 SP's and 8" SP Artillery, Tanks, Tank killer Rockets, A130 Gunships, Daisy Cutters, 250,000 troops will get their turn all at one time. :) This should scare a few drunk Camels :D

alan

As of 1:30pm EST, how many troops have entered Iraq? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Never in the history of warfare has any nation took such tedious effort and caution in limiting civilian casualties, in addition to utilizing our ground troops only after clearing their intended path as much as possible with air & missile & artillery fire.

Sneak attack

The Artillery shells can cut a path to blow the mines up so the troops have a saver way. Some SEALS, Green Berets,Special Forces, Rangers go in first for target ID probably in the oil fields then radio back to give info. All of the sudden a buch of GI's show up and the 'racky army pull out their white hankies ..... :p
We won't know how many since it would give away our plans....

:)

We need to remember that Sadman and his cronies WATCH SATILLITE NEWS IN REAL TIME, AND MAKE DECISIONS ABOUT THEIR MILITARY STRATEGY ACCORDIDNGLY!!!!

You and I and the Media do not know much about what is actually happening in the BIG PICTURE. We do not need to know. To a large extent (not completely for heaven's sake) the Pentagon uses our Media as a tool to further our intended purposes. I don't mind.

War is a terrible thing. We'll do what is necessary to obtain our political objective, which in this case, is to defuse any future terrorist actions from Iraq or, aided by Iraq.

About the "Start" of the war last night....And, the bombing of those five people who were 'targets of opportunity'....Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity :) We may have gotten lucky. It will be days before we know. It is resonable to go slow now until we find out for sure. Going slow drives the enemy crazy. The enemy may surrender if we go slow enough. Lives will be saved - on both sides. There is wisdom in this strategy.

Long live the President and the United States of America :D

From the sky

Hopefully we will toss out "Fake Paratroppers" (Mannequins, Blow-up dolls ;) ) , like they did on D-Day WW II . The 'rackys would attack them while we tap on their shoulder from behind :p
The 'rackys aren't too smart , since they fire Anti-Aircraft guns when their isn't any of our aircraft overhead. The F-117 Stealth's drop their laser guided bomb miles from the target and then leave the area, the bomb goes off and the 'rackys start shooting . A day late and a dollar short ;)

Originally posted by national
Im not against the war at all..im all for it but I cant believe our president is putting our guys in as bad a shape as he is..making our guys go in & give there life for our country..I dont see why we cant do alot more from the air with missles then later send in ground troops..the president is rushing the troops in & its a no brainer were gonna have much more casuities this way...very pitiful to watch on T.V. thinking whats going through the guys minds there & there family back here..i know we have to do it..just should do it with as few casulities as possible & just doesnt look like were doing it that way
Brian

i don't know who told you that a war can be fought from the air,but they were gravely mistaken.it's a common miconception that the gulf war was mostly an air to ground war,and that's not the case.we used our air superiority to control the air and neutralize many threats,but there's only one way to get soldiers out of bunkers,houses and buildings.

well,two ways...but mushroom clouds would probably get everybody's panties in a wad,not to mention limiting the area's usefulness for a while:cool: .

it's not like we're dropping troops into downtown bagdhad on the first day.we've got plenty of time to take out everything we can find from the air before our armor and troops roll in.

later,sean

Lull

Sandman Whosane will think that's all we got, a few bombs and cruise missles and a blown up aspirin factory :rolleyes: . Then bring his sword out and wave it. Then the Big Stuff hits and he's on his Turbo Camel to Allah Land.... :)

Porky

We should shoot some baked Pigs over their Camel Trenches or drop them and that will scare them (Allah said "...when pigs fall from the sky, life is over.." ) :D Or after the GI's finish a lunch of BBQ ribs , just bag'um and drop them from a B-1 bomber :p

I've heard we have around 300,000 troops over there, but I've never heard an estimate of the # of Iraqi troops. Anybody know?

Re: Porky

Originally posted by ACME RACING
We should shoot some baked Pigs over their Camel Trenches or drop them and that will scare them (Allah said "...when pigs fall from the sky, life is over.." ) :D Or after the GI's finish a lunch of BBQ ribs , just bag'um and drop them from a B-1 bomber :p

Now that sounds like a plan:D

Originally posted by Two Lane
As of 1:30pm EST, how many troops have entered Iraq? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Never in the history of warfare has any nation took such tedious effort and caution in limiting civilian casualties, in addition to utilizing our ground troops only after clearing their intended path as much as possible with air & missile & artillery fire.

I agree, if you are watching the news, the big air strike as not even come yet. When it comes it will clear the path for the troops. They are hitting key sites right now so the air wave can start without loosing aircraft from air to air missles. Pay more attention to the news. :rolleyes:

Steve Wood and Chuck Leeper both volunteered their blow up dolls for paratroop purposes.

The military turned them down .... saying the arabs wouldn't be fooled by blow up sheep.:D

I hope the media dosen`t blow this out of proportion as they did when I was a Sgt. in the USMC during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, just to make ratings.
I remember being in a hangar working on KC-130`s(stateside), we had on a radio as the air campaign started. There were around 10 of us, we happened to have a local television reporter with a camera crew there as it started. We stopped what we were doing to listen, next thing I knew the cameras were rolling and we were on TV.She hyped up her report up so much it made me look at the news in a completely different perspective.
She used adjectives such as anxiously, nervously, cautiously, ect. in her report.(Look lady all we`re doing is listening to what was going on!) None of us at all felt the way she was describing us AT ALL. Pay attention to the reporters and what they say, you`ll see the hype also.
This could turn against us. For example if they report terrorist threats or attacks against us in the same fashion people could go into a frenzy, I believe that is why duct tape and plastic was such a hot commodity a few weeks back.
In my opinion war is not pretty, are we doing the right thing? I believe we should take whatever steps necessary to prevent terrorists and rouge nations from gaining access to any kind of weapons that will cause large amounts of casualties, most of which would be innocent civilians anywhere in the world. ( I`m getting tired of hearing "Weapons of Mass destruction")
They have been fighting over there since the beginning of time, but now thru technology the planet has become a whole lot smaller and we are effected.
I still remember back in `87 in boot camp, the Drill instructors telling us the biggest threat to our Great Nation was terrorist attack! That was 14 years before the Twin Towers came down.
I couldn`t believe it, Russia was still in power back then but terrorism ranked above them as a national threat in the eyes of our military.
I want through quite a bit of NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) warfare training and hope it dosen`t come to that. It`s as nasty as you can imagine!
I believe it is the uncertainty, that has sparked all the protests around the world. Everyone world wide saw what happened to us, and is now complacent with the fact they believe it won`t happen again. Well guess what? It will, whether here or abroad, you`ll always have some brainwashed idiots ready to die for their beliefs. I just hope we can prevent the majority of them. Remember a terrorist has won when he strikes fear into others so as to have them change their ways.
God Bless our Beautiful Nation and all those who serve to protect us!
Semper Fi, SSgt Jim Kaske
"Once A Marine Always A Marine"

Originally posted by 6banger
I want through quite a bit of NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) warfare training and hope it dosen`t come to that. It`s as nasty as you can imagine!

Semper Fi, SSgt Jim Kaske

yup,i went thru the 2 week nbc(No Body Cares;))course at el toro.they show you some nasty footage/pics in that school.chemical weapons are nasty stuff.

later,sean sgt,usmc

The brewskis are on me at...Tuns Tavern!

Semper Fi, Gyrenes!