The truth about the future of the 9X11 converter

This may be overblown? Take a look at other Buick Boards and you see some interesting info indicating that the original post here may not be completely grounded in facts. Still confused?

Originally posted by Quick6
This may be overblown? Take a look at other Buick Boards and you see some interesting info indicating that the original post here may not be completely grounded in facts. Still confused?

Was wondering the same thing, It seems like that 1% consists of a number of other vendors< How does 1 vendor / 3 vendors =
99%/ to 1 %:confused:

Originally posted by WE4

Rusty also stated the warranty has also changed:
1) 90 days from date of purchase on free restall….Not abuse, overheated, raced, cracked neck and or pump failure and any related damage to any transmissions installed within. ….( (customer pays all freight)
2) Converter will be warranteed for a period of 1 year from date of purchase from defects in material or workmanship.(customer pays all freight)
3) Restalls within the 1 year warranty period would be at a discount rate. ….(customer pays all freight)
4) After 1 year, you own it.

Bruce-does all this have something to do with my convertor?:confused: :(

Re: Converters

No WFO, it has NOTHING to do with you AT ALL!! .

This is EXACTLY the point!!!

This gentlemen here, hit the nail on the head! I mean squarely on the head!!!!!

Originally posted by boostmaster
Well!! "lick my balls" is pretty harsh but being in the auto service buisness myself I can understand Rusty from a builder, installers point of view. It's sad to say that for some people customer service means more than bending over backwards to give good service. To many others you have to kiss a little a**, break your back, warranty things you broke, refund money for something you broke, listen your lies, and to add insult blame me for something you did. Yes we, as Turbo buick owners, are a small and dieing community and we have once again managed to piss off another vender who developes a great product for us. Production is all about supply and demand but sometimes even with high demand for a product in the long term it's just not worth the cost if your 100$ product gives you a 1000$ worth of head ache from you customers. Now I'm sure that Rusty's comments were taken out of context and does not apply to all of those "Buick Guys" just the ones who want to get more than what they paid for and think there 10k Buick is a 200k Porshe, the people that will improperly install and use a product and put the blame of failure on anything and everything except themselves. So you "aint gonna buy no more of those damn converters" because Rusty will no longer kiss your a**. Well I say good riddins take your problems somewhere else and keep your same attidude until you piss off another vender. But be for warned soon there be no more place to go except el cheapo perfomance parts. As always it's a small minorty that ruin it for all.

Just my O2,
Boostmaster

It is a crying shame that the Turbo Regal world has the reputation for expecting more and demanding more or they will retaliate in some fashion. This bothers me because I am one of us. I do not and never will take this attitude as those who know me could attest but as a group the Turbo Regal crowd has a rep of this attitude and many vendors and business' are getting fed up with it. Rusty just happens to be one of those people who speaks his mind. His products are #1 quality and he has nothing to hide. What we need to understand is WE are NOT doing him the favor by purchasing from him, HE is doing US the favor by providing US a quality and well performing part at a reasonable cost. This is where our community doesn't seem to get it. His business will continue to prosper and grow very well without a single Turbo Buick converter. I am sure other converter vendors are the same. Rusty happens to be the one now, but keep it up and there will be others. I can almost gaurentee it. The point was we alienated another vendor and as boostmaster relayed, he sees this trend also. The only people we have to blame is ourselves. Soon there will be no one willing to get involved with our cars, as there is no profit margin and the headaches are not worth the lack of profit margin thereof.
Boostmaster just plain explained it so WELL, I have nothing to add.

Every Turbo buick owner should be mandated to work in a business that deals with parts and service for these cars for a minimum of 2 months before ever throwing a stone, or a negative comment. I think after those two months, they would look at the whole situation differently.

As for boycotting TCS for Rusty's remarks, two things 1) I would much rather deal with someone who actually tells me what they think and feel honestly rather than lie to me, and 2) It is too bad because they are high quality and well performing products.

As for Otto's comment, Sheesh, it was just an anaolgy. Do I have to list every one? Man , sometimes......:rolleyes:

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

well if you enjoy honesty ill give you some.i think that your statements were very foolish and may hurt other peoples revenue besides yourself.this is something that you should have thought of.im sure ive made statements you have found foolish too and i hope you appreciate my honesty.this thread imo should never have been started and i took it as an attempt to say to others that you are the only person that can furnish them with a 9/11.im not looking to fight just want you and others to know where i stand.this is YOUR board but without everyones opinions we have nothing.many of you out there have followed me around and provoked me to blow mental head gaskets on a regular basis from syty to mcss malibu racing etc.but the fact of the matter is im still here and there really is no negative feedback about my products only my way of thinking.at the end of the day however i do deliver. and for all who didnt take my back when i was being stoned in the public square one day you may be the helpless victims of the cyberrockthrowers.

Originally posted by chris718
well if you enjoy honesty ill give you some.i think that your statements were very foolish and may hurt other peoples revenue besides yourself.this is something that you should have thought of.im sure ive made statements you have found foolish too and i hope you appreciate my honesty.this thread imo should never have been started and i took it as an attempt to say to others that you are the only person that can furnish them with a 9/11.im not looking to fight just want you and others to know where i stand.this is YOUR board but without everyones opinions we have nothing.many of you out there have followed me around and provoked me to blow mental head gaskets on a regular basis from syty to mcss malibu racing etc.but the fact of the matter is im still here and there really is no negative feedback about my products only my way of thinking.at the end of the day however i do deliver. and for all who didnt take my back when i was being stoned in the public square one day you may be the helpless victims of the cyberrockthrowers.

Chris I am one of those who have thought that sometimes you are too cocky and hot headed, but I think this is the most accurate statement I have ever seen you post. Very well said. Maybe I will do business with you in the future

at the risk of sounding soft i would like to say that there are many validities of opinions stated here even from people i dont completely agree with.this is the thing that makes these forums unique.not just me thinking my stuff is the greatest and my methods are the only ones that work.i just get frustrated when people dont understand my logic.in my 33 years alive i never had more differences of opinion with individuals than i have recieved since promoting myself on the web for the past 1and 1/2 years.i guess peole get tired of my crap too.just know that i am very dedicated to what i do and this is my motivation to continue.it is not all about the monney..we are very proud with what we have accomplished for the trade and do respect and understand the fact that art carr,pts,dynotech,lonnie,wang,and everyone else knows how to build transmissions.it takes alot of energy to dog pile and attack people and i have been at the bottom of the pile enough to know.lord knows i can smell the stench of the hate factory smokestacks when i am being attacked here and elsewhere.no one even came to help.bruce i can feel your pain,i know how it is to say something ridiculous and then not see past my pride,ego, power trip,thick skulled greekness or whatever long enough to recant it.lets get it together here.remember ,if you pull your pants down on stage everyone in the audience is going to see your ass and dirty drawers.lets get it together ,we are all adults here.hey you i read your mind when you said looks whos talking and i agree with you too.this goes for me first and foremost.

you know what -
any vendor who thinks they are doing me or anyone else a FAVOR - CAN LICK MY BALLS.

The 2 cents from boostmaster is pitiful! It's exactly why we have the problems because it feeds the BIG EGOs to think the CUSTOMER OWES SOMEONE or SOMETHING. Chris has never made me feel like I owe him and or made me feel like I should kiss the ground he walks because he has parts I need for my cars. INSTEAD he makes me feel good by saying thanks and he asks what else can he do. It's a business relationship with respect on both/all sides.

yeah Boostmaster your right about one thing - its a small minority that ruin it for all = ONLY ITS THE SMALL AMOUNT OF COCKY VENDORS WHO HAVE DRIVEN AWAY SO MANY BUICK PEOPLE. Geez, I wonder what restaraunts, hotels, shoe stores etc you like to take your business to?? the ones that treat you well or the ones that think you owe them just for being there.

I guess I'll just have to give my money to the el-cheapo guys who really want my business and appreciate it. once the ego-vendors piss off all their customers they'll be out of business - proven time and time again. and I've been in the game since 1985 (when a lot of folks didn't know what a t-type was) and even though me and my cars keep getting older - my money is still mostly green.

Re: Re: Converters

Originally posted by WE4
What we need to understand is WE are NOT doing him the favor by purchasing from him, HE is doing US the favor by providing US a quality and well performing part at a reasonable cost. This is where our community doesn't seem to get it. His business will continue to prosper and grow very well without a single Turbo Buick converter.

Bruce I dont agree with this statement. The Vendor is doing US a favor by establishing a business for the sole purpose of providing TR vendors nice converters? WRONG. He is doing it because he is good at it, likes to do it, and MAKES MONEY at it. I suppose GM is doing us favors by building cars for us. I suppose RCA is doing us favors by making TV's for us.
NO ONE IS DOING ANYONE ANY FAVORS. He is running an honest business and getting paid well for it. We are getting the products we love and PAYING for them. If the converters were free it would be a favor.

Personally I think any vendor that believes a customer should feel PRIVILEGED to be allowed to buy a product from that vendor will not be a vendor to me, ever.

Re: Re: Re: Converters

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Bruce I dont agree with this statement. The Vendor is doing US a favor by establishing a business for the sole purpose of providing TR vendors nice converters? WRONG. He is doing it because he is good at it, likes to do it, and MAKES MONEY at it. I suppose GM is doing us favors by building cars for us. I suppose RCA is doing us favors by making TV's for us.
NO ONE IS DOING ANYONE ANY FAVORS. He is running an honest business and getting paid well for it. We are getting the products we love and PAYING for them. If the converters were free it would be a favor.

Personally I think any vendor that believes a customer should feel PRIVILEGED to be allowed to buy a product from that vendor will not be a vendor to me, ever.
Is this how(bruce)as a vendor feels toward the public? Be honest now
Just wondering, not starting trouble

Im wondering did the price change since this happened or where they always 1000 or 1500?? My friend Paul sure wansnt off base when he said-" the turbo buick engine is a strange breed just like the people who own them":eek:

It is a crying shame that the Turbo Regal world has the reputation for expecting more and demanding more or they will retaliate in some fashion. This bothers me because I am one of us. I do not and never will take this attitude as those who know me could attest but as a group the Turbo Regal crowd has a rep of this attitude and many vendors and business' are getting fed up with it

I had no ideal I was so unliked by the vendors out there or had this reputation simply by my choice of car. Hmmmm.

What we need to understand is WE are NOT doing him the favor by purchasing from him, HE is doing US the favor by providing US a quality and well performing part at a reasonable cost. This is where our community doesn't seem to get it. His business will continue to prosper and grow very well without a single Turbo Buick converter.

Did you mean this as you typed it because if you did I'm stunned .........

Every Turbo buick owner should be mandated to work in a business that deals with parts and service for these cars for a minimum of 2 months before ever throwing a stone, or a negative comment. I think after those two months, they would look at the whole situation differently.

Been there and done that. I've dealt with unruly customers in the past in the auto industry. I know it sucks sometimes dealing with an uneducated or unreasonable customer but it goes with the territory. Its something you knew you'd deal with going into business for yourself. Telling a potential customer that if he doesn't like something he can "lick my balls" just because you've had a bad experience with another customer is ....... ludicrous. Please reread your posts here and think about what you have typed because I'm sure you did not build your business as it stands today with the ideals you have just stated here. We are doing you and Rusty a favor by choosing your parts over other options and if you 've forgotten that then I fear for the future of your business. Surely you do not truly feel this way. Maybe its just time for a vacation.:D :D :D

Once again there are those of you who hear but don't listen. No one said anything about those who are in buisness to make and sell a great product or service is doing you, the customer, a favor otherwise it would'nt be a buisness. But does making a profit mean that I have to give you anything you want for the sake of good customer service. Most of you throwing the stones are probably the same ones that expect more from a product than you paid for and then blame the vendor when it does exactly what he said it will do but not what you want it to do. Sure this is a free enterprise country and there are many places to buy another converter on this planet. All I am saying is how many good venders are there out there that can sell a product like the 9-11 for a "reasonable price", there are some but not many. Chris you are one of them and your support and dialogue on this board is much appreciated. But surely you have had your share of the customers that want everthing for nothing and think that just because you're in buisiness you are graced buy the fact that they bought your product and you better do everything in your power to keep them as a customer or else. Even if they're wrong!! Com'on Chris I know you in your honesty don't believe that. So for those of you who go out and buy a Yugo and get mad a the dealer cause it did'nt last as long as your Toyota, thanks but don't do us anymore favors

Bruce, vendors are not here to do us favors, they are here because they have a product or a service they can sell to us that is PROFITABLE to them...period. If and when they can no long be profitable then they will go. As a customer I WILL expect value and good service for money I spend. I seriously doubt any vendor who wants to sell his wares to prospective customers will start the conversation with if you don't like it than "you can lick my balls" but if they do, then I doubt they will be selling very few of there parts or services to this community. I am becoming real tired of the message that we as the consumer in this market have to take whatever is shoved down our thoat and be happy with it or we will or have alienated another vendor. The good vendors minus the ego's will surface to the top and suppy this market and make money, the bad ones will whine and go away.

Once again there are those of you who hear but don't listen. No one said anything about those who are in buisness to make and sell a great product or service is doing you, the customer, a favor otherwise it would'nt be a buisness. But does making a profit mean that I have to give you anything you want for the sake of good customer service. Most of you throwing the stones are probably the same ones that expect more from a product than you paid for and then blame the vendor when it does exactly what he said it will do but not what you want it to do. Sure this is a free enterprise country and there are many places to buy another converter on this planet. All I am saying is how many good venders are there out there that can sell a product like the 9-11 for a "reasonable price", there are some but not many. Chris you are one of them and your support and dialogue on this board is much appreciated. But surely you have had your share of the customers that want everthing for nothing and think that just because you're in buisiness you are graced buy the fact that they bought your product and you better do everything in your power to keep them as a customer or else. Even if they're wrong!! Com'on Chris I know you in your honesty don't believe that. So for those of you who go out and buy a Yugo and get mad a the dealer cause it did'nt last as long as your Toyota, thanks but don't do us anymore favors

I expect to get what I pay for from a vendor, period. I have received that from every Buick vendor I have purchased from every time, which is from at least a dozen vendors. I have never made one complaint ever about a Buick vendor.

I just found what Bruce stated disturbing, thats why I made my post

I no longer have any comments on this subject other than... good luck to any vendor who thinks their CUSTOMERS (defintion - the people who pay a vendor's bills) owe them something.

Ross

No one said anything about those who are in buisness to make and sell a great product or service is doing you, the customer, a favor otherwise it would'nt be a buisness.

I agree with that but heres what was typed

WE are NOT doing him the favor by purchasing from him, HE is doing US the favor by providing US a quality and well performing part at a reasonable cost.

I also agree that you have good customers and bad ones. Part of doing business. But you don't go out and alienate all the potential good ones, just because your mad at a few bad ones. I never saw a yugo add that said "If you don't like our car you can lick our balls" Be funny if I did though. LOL Sorry if this thread got off track. My final post on the matter.:D

Originally posted by chevyII
Im wondering did the price change since this happened or where they always 1000 or 1500?? My friend Paul sure wansnt off base when he said-" the turbo buick engine is a strange breed just like the people who own them":eek:

You need to go back and READ the thread again. PTS prices have not changed as well as Bill or CK's. Rusty did make that quote and if I have to have him come on here and post I will. I did not lie and would not lie. The only price difference is if you go direct to TCS, which is what Rusty wants to get away from, those are the prices and warranty issues. It was not me who pissed him off, it was someone who sent something in with ridiculous requests.
You misinterprited what was written.

Bruce
WE4

Re: Re: Converters

Originally posted by WE4
No WFO, it has NOTHING to do with you AT ALL!! .

This is EXACTLY the point!!!

This gentlemen here, hit the nail on the head! I mean squarely on the head!!!!!

It is a crying shame that the Turbo Regal world has the reputation for expecting more and demanding more or they will retaliate in some fashion. This bothers me because I am one of us. I do not and never will take this attitude as those who know me could attest but as a group the Turbo Regal crowd has a rep of this attitude and many vendors and business' are getting fed up with it. Rusty just happens to be one of those people who speaks his mind. His products are #1 quality and he has nothing to hide. What we need to understand is WE are NOT doing him the favor by purchasing from him, HE is doing US the favor by providing US a quality and well performing part at a reasonable cost. This is where our community doesn't seem to get it. His business will continue to prosper and grow very well without a single Turbo Buick converter. I am sure other converter vendors are the same. Rusty happens to be the one now, but keep it up and there will be others. I can almost gaurentee it. The point was we alienated another vendor and as boostmaster relayed, he sees this trend also. The only people we have to blame is ourselves. Soon there will be no one willing to get involved with our cars, as there is no profit margin and the headaches are not worth the lack of profit margin thereof.
Boostmaster just plain explained it so WELL, I have nothing to add.

As for boycotting TCS for Rusty's remarks, two things 1) I would much rather deal with someone who actually tells me what they think and feel honestly rather than lie to me, and 2) It is too bad because they are high quality and well performing products.

As for Otto's comment, Sheesh, it was just an anaolgy. Do I have to list every one? Man , sometimes......:rolleyes:

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

Bruce, I think what the Buick community is trying to say here is customer service will make or break a business. Word of mouth goes a long way especially in the Buick Community because we are a dying bred. The comment you relayed for Rusty was the truth but should have been conveyed to the Buick community another way. I understand people in general like to get more than what they paid for, however, businesses are no exception to that when it come to a product they sell.

I have dealt with several vendors in the past since I started building my GN several years ago. Some of them I will not do business with anymore regardless how good their prices are for their parts and/or product. And there are some vendors I have NO PROPBELM spending a little more money for their parts/product because of their excellent customer service. I do see your point you’ve made on losing rare vendors who are willing to get involved with our cars. At the same time, as a Buick enthusiast, and a owner of the 9-11 converter I purchased from you/Rusty, it’s hard for potential buyers to swallow a statement made out of frustration because of a few nickel heads Rusty dealt with. Enough said…you and Rusty keep the good work.

OK I admit...

I was wrong. I wanted to convey exactly what Rusty said to me to relay exactly how upset and pissed he was. I should have used more couth and chose a better term to describe. (Than Lick my balls)
I stated what was stated to me and looking back, it was wrong. You guys are right. I should have softened it up and went from there. Me bad.
But like Chris and others have mentioned, haven't we all made or typed a statement that might have felt right at the time but maybe too harsh or outta line later?
Everythnig I stated in that post was correct. I didn't lie about anything. In fact so much I didn't lie, now I am apologizing for saying the absolute and not thinking and toning it down. For this I am sorry. I will not delete it or asterisk it as it is all over everywhere and that would not be right. Please understand the stress level and accept this explanation as it is intended.

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME