the TR-6 is Awesome

DaySleeper

Just installed the TR-6 ignition on my modded GN and I am floored at the improvement in driveability! Used to be the longer I drove the more sputtery the lean cruise was to the point I wouldn't drive it to work 40 miles one way. Now it has no hint of that and throttle response is much improved. I used to blow out the spark and pop even with a good control module and coilpack at higher boost 21+. No longer.

I have a pretty steep cam and rollers so my idle is normally kinda crappy but now it just sounds more firm at the exhaust. Not like stock mind you but it hits each cylinder with more purpose.

I initially didn't really read the installation instructions and didn't have the wastespark switch turned on. I was trying to identify the problem by taking wires off the coil pack. It would arc 2 inches from the wire to the coil! My ignition is hotwired but it never fired this hard before. I didn't change anything with the spark plug gap but I'm sure I could.

Anyone who is serious about their GN or TR probably should buy one of these units honestly. I understand wanting to keep things stock but this is really what should have been on these cars to begin with.