The soundtrack to many a freshly whipped buick ass

Andrew91GT said:
It's got the same transmission in it that's in Lynch's car (Neal racing top of the line glide) with a bolt together Neal Chance converter (same as in Lynch's single turbo setup per Marty Chance).

I'm trying to do the tuning myself... Bill Duke would greatly shorten the learning curve here but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself. I did ok on my last setup!
If I can't do it, I'll get Bill Duke involved. He's worked wonders for several racers here in the DFW area (Grant, Tom, Josh, etc.).

I tend to be a little conservative with the tuneup because I don't have the cash sitting around for a new shortblock.... and getting too aggressive can be a bit expensive! lol

sixgun86gn: I'm not in any hurry as I'm still getting seat time. Seeing C wreck at redline last saturday reinforced that I need to get some more seat time before going fast.

I just want to be somewhat competitive next year.

I agree 100% getting greedy too fast costs lots of $$.

I don't blame you ,i prefer to learn my setup on my own too.But Bill will be a major part of getting the new setup figured out.I just want to get into the 5's.

Definitely that wreck had to be aweful.I was not there to see it but I saw the thread on dfwstangs.net.

A car like yours could end up like Hargett's old car did at K-dale a few years ago,that was nasty.

I feel sorry for her husband and kids.That is a real fast car they had and just a freak accident it seems.

I look forward to seeing you run in KOTH hopefully AND be competetive.You have worked for it and deserve it.

sixgun86gn said:
I agree 100% getting greedy too fast costs lots of $$.

I don't blame you ,i prefer to learn my setup on my own too.But Bill will be a major part of getting the new setup figured out.I just want to get into the 5's.

Definitely that wreck had to be aweful.I was not there to see it but I saw the thread on dfwstangs.net.

A car like yours could end up like Hargett's old car did at K-dale a few years ago,that was nasty.

I feel sorry for her husband and kids.That is a real fast car they had and just a freak accident it seems.

I look forward to seeing you run in KOTH hopefully AND be competetive.You have worked for it and deserve it.

Exactly. I saw the wreck, then went and helped them load the car up on the trailer. It made me realize that it could happen at any time. If it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

Here's the vid of Hargett's wreck:

http://www.yerot.com/~aweil/movies/hargettnomoredl.mpeg

I think its funny that we didnt win but the fact remains is the 1 minute RT's killed us. There were 11 races I said go 3 times before the Buick ever left!!! Im a buick guy too I was there I ran exactly the very same et I ran in the qualifing run. The track sucked to me. My new converter made my car toast the tires thru the 60 footers and I did run about 132mph but I lost over about 1/2 fender. It was a great race and the ford guy was cool either way. I went 10.447 he ran 10.35 I had .124 lite to his .260 something lite. Next year I plan a new stratigy ..lighter is better!!! :eek:

RACEBUICKS said:
I think its funny that we didnt win but the fact remains is the 1 minute RT's killed us. There were 11 races I said go 3 times before the Buick ever left!!! Im a buick guy too I was there I ran exactly the very same et I ran in the qualifing run. The track sucked to me. My new converter made my car toast the tires thru the 60 footers and I did run about 132mph but I lost over about 1/2 fender. It was a great race and the ford guy was cool either way. I went 10.447 he ran 10.35 I had .124 lite to his .260 something lite. Next year I plan a new stratigy ..lighter is better!!! :eek:

You forget that the pro tree was put into effect because of all the buicks creeping through the lights during spool-up. All of you bitter old men also forget that the mustang has been THE car of the last 2 decades. The GN was great for its few year run, but the mustang has brought this sport great things over the last few decades. And your comments of "poor" and "uneducated" are very funny. How do you know if Bronco Johnie or myself are not more educated than you and also make more money than you ?
Bronco Johnie and the "Taco Bell" comment..... priceless.

lilthumper said:
And your comments of "poor" and "uneducated" are very funny. How do you know if Bronco Johnie or myself are not more educated than you and also make more money than you ?
QUOTE]poor---because you own a ford-- :eek:
uneducated---because you own a ford-- :eek:
looking forward to educating you next year!

lilthumper said:
You forget that the pro tree was put into effect because of all the buicks creeping through the lights during spool-up. All of you bitter old men also forget that the mustang has been THE car of the last 2 decades. The GN was great for its few year run, but the mustang has brought this sport great things over the last few decades. And your comments of "poor" and "uneducated" are very funny. How do you know if Bronco Johnie or myself are not more educated than you and also make more money than you ?
Bronco Johnie and the "Taco Bell" comment..... priceless.

I am not old or bitter. :D My car is unfinished so i have nothing for you guys....yet. When it's done I will race whoever you line me up against. :) Plus, mustangs are everywhere, ford has made millions of them so what's your point?

Big Stu said:
I am not old or bitter. :D My car is unfinished so i have nothing for you guys....yet. When it's done I will race whoever you line me up against. :)
and then it will be the sound track to a freshly whipped ford!! :eek: :biggrin:

Same boost setting as before... 10 psi in first, saw closer to 15 psi in second. Wimpy launch, no timing (22 degrees)... A/F was 10.5:1. Only difference is I revved the motor a little higher... I shifted at 7450 rpm.... still shortshifting as Petty says to shift at 8200-8500.

60': 1.3286
330': 3.5268
1/8: 5.3244
MPH: 137.95

Andrew91GT said:
Same boost setting as before... 10 psi in first, saw closer to 15 psi in second. Wimpy launch, no timing (22 degrees)... A/F was 10.5:1. Only difference is I revved the motor a little higher... I shifted at 7450 rpm.... still shortshifting as Petty says to shift at 8200-8500.

60': 1.3286
330': 3.5268
1/8: 5.3244
MPH: 137.95
dam! nice numbers. looking good.

The car has definitely come a long way over the year!
Congrats on the new #'s and with that kind of help on your side it will be running a lot faster soon!

ks :cool:

tell all these guys that want 2race come down 2trenton n i will race them with my syclone if thay beat my syclone which i dont think thay i will break out my 87 gn n spank all of them bring their a$$

lets race

:biggrin: tell all these guys that want 2race come down 2trenton n i will race them with my syclone if thay beat my syclone which i dont think thay i will break out my 87 gn n spank all of them bring their a$$:biggrin:

:biggrin: tell all these guys that want 2race come down 2trenton n i will race them with my syclone if thay beat my syclone which i dont think thay i will break out my 87 gn n spank all of them bring their a$$:biggrin:

picard-facepalm.jpg