The Real Mach 5

Those have been out several years now, but they've changed quite a bit from the original prototype. It used a Saginaw transaxle and had a mid-engined layout. They're now based on a Corvette platform which has dropped the cost (and probably improved the reliability) substantially.

That guy is also working on building Shooting Stars...

http://www.speedracer.la/racer_x.htm

If I had the money I would LOVE to buy both a Mach 5 and Shooting Star... I'd jump in one car, and get a friend to take the other car, and we'd go cruising all over town. In costumes of course. :p

Given the choice of just one though, give me the Mach 5. :D

Troy

Originally posted by Gokou
Those have been out several years now, but they've changed quite a bit from the original prototype. It used a Saginaw transaxle and had a mid-engined layout. They're now based on a Corvette platform which has dropped the cost (and probably improved the reliability) substantially.

At an open Road race, I talked to Dick Wolin (from the "Worlds Faster Kia" fame. He sold the chassis to make the first replica Mach V that was used for promotional appearances. I think he said it was from a wrecked Corvair, which would make sense.

A local disc Jockey has a new, Corvette based Mach V and a GN kicked his @ss at the drag strip (he must have thought it was a monte and an easy kill). The next day he was on the air, he was asking what the heck that black car was.

Originally posted by UNGN
A local disc Jockey has a new, Corvette based Mach V and a GN kicked his @ss at the drag strip (he must have thought it was a monte and an easy kill). The next day he was on the air, he was asking what the heck that black car was.

Oh how I'd love to see a video of that :D :p Poooooooor speed ;)