The REAL Art Carr

750H.P.V6 said:
That's the story I got from Art. I'm glad you have all the answers and were able to put me straight. BTW, I'm not a mis-lead or over-informed idiot either.

Neal
I wasn't pointing fingers and naming names.

Who was this big company? And how do you lose the rights to use your own name? Why did he sell his name and business if he was so successful? Why would you turn your name over to a bunch of idiots who would ruin your name ? Don't sound like ol Art is smart enough to build a transmission if all of this is true.

These are important questions that people should ask before they go dogging the people who sell products under the Art Carr name at that shop in Texas. I as well as a bunch of racers around the country run transmissions out of that shop and have never had any major issues....but others have. That's just racing.

I have had nothing but good luck and good success with zero failures from the real art car. I have bought over 13 converters from him.

as to the Art Carr in TX (who used to be in northern nevada who seem to have a good customer service relationship with "NEAL" the only guy that is not an mis-lead and over-informed idiot even though this was his 4 post) I have had nothing but trouble with. (had to send 2 different converters back 2 different times, one finally lasted one did not could not be salvaged)

I sure was glad that art broke off with them again and started his own company so i could get the quality product i was used to getting. As for why a company would spend money to aquire a good name and start putting junk parts in them... that is exactly what arts question was and was the very reason he went back on his own. Why would a guy sell his company and then fight so hard to get it back and make it into the company it once was? It is would kill you to sit back and watch someone ruin your reputation after decades of hard work building a reputation. If you really want to know the details why don't you call the real art car and ask him about it?

Race Jace said:
I have had nothing but good luck and good success with zero failures from the real art car. I have bought over 13 converters from him.

as to the Art Carr in TX (who used to be in northern nevada who seem to have a good customer service relationship with "NEAL" the only guy that is not an mis-lead and over-informed idiot even though this was his 4 post) I have had nothing but trouble with. (had to send 2 different converters back 2 different times, one finally lasted one did not could not be salvaged)

I sure was glad that art broke off with them again and started his own company so i could get the quality product i was used to getting. As for why a company would spend money to aquire a good name and start putting junk parts in them... that is exactly what arts question was and was the very reason he went back on his own. Why would a guy sell his company and then fight so hard to get it back and make it into the company it once was? It is would kill you to sit back and watch someone ruin your reputation after decades of hard work building a reputation. If you really want to know the details why don't you call the real art car and ask him about it?
FYI David Wolfe (www.wolferacecraft.com) currently holds the World Record on Drag radials in his small block powered Mustang. In May he ran a 7.40@197 @ 3400 lbs. on stock style suspension using on of their powerglides. Not sure about if that's fast or not but it seems pretty quick to me. And knowing David as well as I do he doesn't run any junk on his ride. He(David) has helped numerous Buick guys attain their goals as well.

NEAL said:
FYI David Wolfe (www.wolferacecraft.com) currently holds the World Record on Drag radials in his small block powered Mustang. In May he ran a 7.40@197 @ 3400 lbs. on stock style suspension using on of their powerglides. Not sure about if that's fast or not but it seems pretty quick to me. And knowing David as well as I do he doesn't run any junk on his ride. He(David) has helped numerous Buick guys attain their goals as well.

I think these guys are talking 200r4's not powerglides. Takes a GOOD tranny guy to build one of these 200's to hold up behind our cars. Race Jace has quite a few passes on his 200r4 in the 9 second range.

NEAL said:
I wasn't pointing fingers and naming names.

Who was this big company? And how do you lose the rights to use your own name? Why did he sell his name and business if he was so successful? Why would you turn your name over

Art Carr is over 75 years old (Yoda)!!! He retired....sold his chit....then kept having customers, Byod coddington, TV showes, Hot Rod magazine, Foose, the GN crowd, etc. hounding him for more good stuff!! So he started a little something back up in his spare time. If your order did not get shipped ASAP, this is the reason why. I believe he does this because he likes to, not to make money. Trannys are his passion, and his life. He could not just walk away.

At least, that's what I understand. Maybe I am wrong?

My Art C. stuff is doing good. I have everything he sells for our tranny, but not a billet converter, I just have the $850 "regular" non-lock unit that I like very much. I see his trannys on the TV show "Overhauling" all the time. They give a plug for C.P.T., not the other "Art Karr"

turbo2nr said:
Art Carr is over 75 years old (Yoda)!!! He retired....sold his chit....then kept having customers, Byod coddington, TV showes, Hot Rod magazine, Foose, the GN crowd, etc. hounding him for more good stuff!! So he started a little something back up in his spare time. If your order did not get shipped ASAP, this is the reason why. I believe he does this because he likes to, not to make money. Trannys are his passion, and his life. He could not just walk away.

At least, that's what I understand. Maybe I am wrong?

My Art C. stuff is doing good. I have everything he sells for our tranny, but not a billet converter, I just have the $850 "regular" non-lock unit that I like very much. I see his trannys on the TV show "Overhauling" all the time. They give a plug for C.P.T., not the other "Art Karr"

I would definitely say that "Art Carr Performance" in TX is more concentrated on the Mustang and Chevy crowd these days, but I have a few buddies that run their 200 4R stuff as I do and a couple that run TH350's and TH400's. I just don't understand why people have a big hang up with them not being the "REAL" Art Carr. I look at it this way. Holley, Lunati, NOS, Trick Flow, Crane Cams, Comp Cams, FAST and numerous other companies have sold out to bigger companies. The only thing is: You never hear anyone saying "That's not the real Holley", or "That's not the real Crane Cams". People just keep on doing business and there will be a few unsatisfied customers along the way. That's the way stuff goes these days in the racing industry. As old as Art is he can't personally build everyones trans and everyones converter. So if he's not doing it who is ? The Extreme duty parts that go in our transmissions are readily available through numerous companies nowadays. Art has just got a good name because he re-invented or strengthened some of those parts to handle the power that we put out. But he isn't doing anything that the other big builders in the country aren't doing. If he is I'd like for someone to point out what these things are.

You guys have a great day !!