26 Year Original 1 Owner 89 TTA For Sale

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
Original 1 owner car. This car was always stored in temp controlled garage. I always slowed down for railroad tracks bumps in the road and the like. I never flew into parking lots with different pitched transitions raking the spoiler like many of these f-body cars were treated.

Dad was a Pontiac dealer so the car was always professionally maintained and given the best attention to details when needed.

The car has the usual bolt-on performance enhancements. The motor internally is stock and un-modified, the heads have never been off the car, never a blown head gasket. All bolt on mods, which if you really wanted a totally stock TTA it could be made that way, but why would you want a small downpipe vs. a properly and professionally installed stainless steal REAL Terry Houston downpipe back on the car?

For the positives, all the mods are the bolt-ons are the proven traditional modifications, no gimmicky stuff. Turbo Tweak chip, Accufab smoother upper manifold, 65 mm Accufab throttle body, HKS turbo controller, Bosch fuel pump, SMC alky injection, CPT ball bearing Turbonetics turbo, 61mm compressor side and .63 turbine side (this turbo was $1450 new), AEM fule ratio gauge, fuel pressure and boost gauges and Scanmaster. 60# injectors that I got with matching Turbo Tweak Alky chip. The upper intake pipe is 3" not 2.5, Duttweiler modified intercooler intake side and electric exhaust cutout that really wakes the car up, so much so that I left the stock muffler on, which it still runs great with the exhaust closed.

No rust. AC blows cold. Original spare tire. New fiberglass wing replaced the often cracking stock wings. Alpine stereo. Headliner in great shape compared to other Firebirds I've seen from this generation.

The best part of the car is that the weakest aspect of these cars has been identified and remedied with only the best. The 2004r transmission has been rebuilt by Art Carr the man himself. Not his company that he sold back in the 80's, but CPT performance transmission ($3500 rebuild and 2800 convertor - I have receipts) My dad talked to Art personally throughout the entire rebuild and dynoing of the transmission. Art has a GN himself so he knew what we wanted. Longevity and strength, but ultimately we wanted streetable manners. IMO this convertor and trans mod matched with the CPT 61mm turbo spools the way it came from the factory only better. In other words, with the supporting mods -2800 stall this TTA will get your attention quickly coming off the line with 7psi-10psi on Micky T drag radials and your haulin some groceries! So, yes I have taken the car down the drag strip, but it wasn't abused, always ran 100 octane unleaded when I was going WOT. Car ran 11:90's/116mph.

I should list the negatives though very few and easily remedied, the car needs a new heater core. It's bypassed now and drives fine, you will just freeze your butt off in the cold winter, but who drives these cars in the snow? It also needs to have new gears installed in the antenna, but I listen to mp3s anyway and didn't have time to fix.

Anyway, I've had a tremendous time with this car, grew up with it and appreciated the awesome time I had owning it. If I had a huge storage facility like Jay Leno I would keep it, but I need some space and to move on.

Several pictures (about 70 pic) at: http://my89turbotransam.com

edit:
36K miles.
$20,000

Last edited: