the pumpkin is back

I'm always amazed at all the BIG talk from the SMALL minds. Don't tell anyone anything about any about any special parts. The way they talk, they should be SMART enough to KNOW what you have :wink: Guess some people got nothing better to do :rolleyes:

Hi Bob,

So as a vendor is Jack going to keep this to himself, he would go out off bizzness with that mentality. By the way you car is looking good you still running the turbonetics turbo you got from Jack. As far as better things to do I am looking for ways to make my car go faster thats why I am requesting this info from Jack pretty simple no ?

We know its not do to the motor because its the same builder as myself and Dave Fiscus.
Tony, maybe Jack is tighter to Bobby than you think. :eek: also remember Richard Lassiter says that the block you & Dave are using is a piece of s*it.

Thanks again guys, yep, it feels good to be able to go to the track again. Obviously made a few changes to the car, but not really much. The biggest change was a fresh motor, since I ran the same exact turbo and TC last year at BG. Nothing special. So if anyone is looking for the magic bullet, maybe it's the new tune I put on it at the track... :cool: Ya.... that's it.... that must be it!! The only other thing was Bobby, from RPE, I think he did something really special that he can't tell Tony or even me about!!! The last possible "part" that was changed were a new set of heads and intake from Tom at Champion... now those are some really great heads!!! :cool:

Thanks again guys, yep, it feels good to be able to go to the track again. Obviously made a few changes to the car, but not really much. The biggest change was a fresh motor, since I ran the same exact turbo and TC last year at BG. Nothing special. So if anyone is looking for the magic bullet, maybe it's the new tune I put on it at the track... :cool: Ya.... that's it.... that must be it!! The only other thing was Bobby, from RPE, I think he did something really special that he can't tell Tony or even me about!!! The last possible "part" that was changed were a new set of heads and intake from Tom at Champion... now those are some really great heads!!! :cool:

It's all about the Combo Jack.... You already knew that, right? :biggrin: It's always good to get back to the track and things go right, we all know they don't always go that way. Did that XFI you won down in SC from Cal make it's way on the car? There might be some magic on THAT red box too....

I heard the turbo was a Billet wheel GT-47/88. That's a bad azz turbo. Might be time for me to upgrade... :D

It's all about the Combo Jack.... You already knew that, right? :biggrin: It's always good to get back to the track and things go right, we all know they don't always go that way. Did that XFI you won down in SC from Cal make it's way on the car? There might be some magic on THAT red box too....

I heard the turbo was a Billet wheel GT-47/88. That's a bad azz turbo. Might be time for me to upgrade... :D

Ted,

You brought a good point Jack had a good starting point with the startup program he got with the new box.

Jack,

Is Turbonetics using the gt technology or did you switch over to a Precision one. I my self have the Precision on my car in case you were wondering. If you did switch care to share why you went bigger (harder to spool) for q16 racing, Seems the qwick spool turbo you ran 8.90s with before was better suited for q16 racing no? also again whats the converter that your using I know before your were a big proponent of ATI have you switched from that too ?

Hey Tony,

Got a new Turbonetics 66-BB this spring but was running lean at LVD due to a failing WB O2 that I'll get replaced soon. White plugs are never good. Even so, I was able to run 11.9 @ 112 with 16#'s at Musclepalooza. Of course, without a bar or cage, I'll always be limited to 11.5 until I want to make a "kick out" pass or go to a rental. You guys should spend more time at Jack's to pick his brain about the combo, or better yet, buy some parts :biggrin: Jack can be very helpful to his customers :cool:

Guys can the Pumpkin Eaters give Jack a break?

Hi John,

John maybe you will have better luck than I am currantly having in getting some info on jacks turbo. Does it not suprise you that this would be a secret?
If the Turbo is different than I am currantly running then I would be interested in buying one like it !!!! after all he is a vender selling parts no?

P.S Converter info would be nice too:)

Hey Tony,

You guys should spend more time at Jack's to pick his brain about the combo, or better yet, buy some parts :biggrin: Jack can be very helpful to his customers :cool:

Bob,

I am trying to get some info from jack on the turbo maybe you Know?
I would more than happy to buy something from Jack when he has something i need And based on the power he is making at low boost with his turbo It looks like somthing I need or if it is a precision gt 47/88 i already got it no need to go further.

p.s. you better be hanging on when that 66 turbo comes alive those make good power.

Guys,

Let's be honest, because I like you all and respect and look up to most of your accomplishments. You guys really don't care what Jack has on his car in respect to your at the track competitive spirit. There is no reason to because he is not running his car in the TSO series. Heck we don't even know the race weight or other legalities of his car.

The ultimate goal here is to get Jack to admit he is using a turbo from a manufacture other than his preferred brand. Part of "Going Fast with Class" should include being a gracious winner and not picking on anyone, especially someone that has not achieved your level of performance.

I am sure a lot of us could beat our chests and brag about beating up our little brothers, but wouldn't trying to help some one be better for our community?

Guys,

Let's be honest, because I like you all and respect and look up to most of your accomplishments. You guys really don't care what Jack has on his car in respect to your at the track competitive spirit. There is no reason to because he is not running his car in the TSO series. Heck we don't even know the race weight or other legalities of his car.

The ultimate goal here is to get Jack to admit he is using a turbo from a manufacture other than his preferred brand. Part of "Going Fast with Class" should include being a gracious winner and not picking on anyone, especially someone that has not achieved your level of performance.

I am sure a lot of us could beat our chests and brag about beating up our little brothers, but wouldn't trying to help some one be better for our community?

Spot on John! Thanks for posting!!!! I agree 110%

I don't have a dog in this fight so no side for me to take. I don't think any of us would like being singled out like this every time your name is mentioned on the board...

I am asking "again" to just leave it off the board...

An 8 second pass is still fast no matter what the combo in a single turbo Buick V6. Congrats Jack. Although, I never really thought you had left.

Competing in TSO or TSM for that matter these days requires an substantial amount of Money as well as time to travel to different events.

Considering one really doesn't make enough money winning events to offset the cost of racing it's simply a recreational sport for all which I guess is why there are only a few competitive people in each class.

It's impressive to see a few more TSM guys knocking on that 8 second door with a 109 and a 71 mm tho.

An 8 second pass is still fast no matter what the combo in a single turbo Buick V6. Congrats Jack.

X2!...Way to go Jack! :D

GNBRETT said:
Competing in TSO or TSM for that matter these days requires an substantial amount of Money as well as time to travel to different events.

X2! exactly. Who cares about TSO or TSM or whatever...Running in the 8 second range with a turbo Buick is an impressive accomplishment, regardless of which class you're running in ! :eek:

GNBRETT said:
there are only a few competitive people in each class.

X2! I agree. It's not everyone who can afford or are willing to set up their cars to "fit" in a specific class. Bracket racing is more "open" to everyone. Also in these TSO, TSM, etc...classes, it often turns out that it's the same small group of racers who end up winning...:rolleyes:

Claude. :smile:

Guys,

/QUOTE]

Edited my post He knows what he has done I dont need to constantly remind him.
This will be my last say on this unless he wants it to continue.

Guys,

/QUOTE]

Edited my post He knows what he has done I dont need to constantly remind him.
This will be my last say on this unless he wants it to continue.

Please tell us what you are trying to say, other than dogging me the last 5
years, what's your point Tony. John, you are making me sound like a criminal, like I am hiding something. Everyone that is concerned about my business knows exactly what is in my car. It is flattering to watch Tony put so much effort into my business. How does it feel to be used as a pawn John.... in someone elses dirty game. Where would you get the info that you shared here... did someone "feed" it to you .. WTF do I have to do to participate on this board... without my name and business being attacked. Not one of these posts by Tony was necessary, we are not friends. He knows it, most everyone here knows it. That goes for Otto, Ted and whoever else they use to dig at me.. so why post in a thread with my name attached? There is no drama around me going to the track until these guys create it. There was no drama about my combo, until Tony created it. There are no secrets about my car, yet Tony has accomplished his goal of creating a secret and ultimately more drama.

I am a distributor for most any part out there. I'm not tied to one manufacturer, I sell PTE and I sell Turbonetics. There is no drama there.... They are both unique and offer different products for different combinations. I am the only business in the Buick market that carries options. I try to use those options to the benefit of my customer. So tell me John, what is my preferred brand of turbo? I use what I sell and I sell what I use. I don't have to "advertise" what I sell everytime I post. I also don't believe in pushing a new product that hasn't been tested and proven. By testing TED, I mean used in real life. Yep, like the turbos I have used over the years and run very good with, like the intercoolers I have built and successfully used over the years. Technology changes and we change as fast as we can. Not always as fast as we like, but we change when the time is right. Not for our benefit as much as for our customers benefit.

I didn't see anyone of these guys question what I was using for a turbo when I ran 126mph in the 1\8th on 26lbs of boost in NC... why is that? I ran an ATI convertor and a Turbonetics turbo.... hmmmmm.... again, all this drama from Tony now..... There is no good reason for this garbage from him or anyone else. I ran 125mph in the 1\8th on 24lbs of boost with a new motor and I can't even verify that because I didn't get the run recorded.. So am I to thump my chest and say look at me and how great I am..... I don't think so, that's just not my style, I'll share my joy with my friends and customers about a wonderful weekend that happened to be pretty successful on the track but more importantly, we all enjoyed our time together sharing the same space with families and friends for 2 days. It's a sad day here when one can't share a good time with the rest of the board without being dogged and attacked

Daaaammnnn .... heck of a basketball game tonite....Go Celtics!!!

Jack, I think you are reading the tea leaves wrong.
Check your pm.

Well, the way i see it......if you are not paying my bills or paying for my parts i would simply say wtf's it to you what i have on my car!