The project

84 Sleeper

I am having trouble trying to figure out what size turbo this is. Is there any markings that can tell me size and type? Any info would be helpful thanks

ForumRunner_20120516_171851.png

ForumRunner_20120516_171911.png

I'm also having an issue with the boost. My gauge is reading 15 and it seems like its got nothing left. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Looks to be the Factory turbo, should be good to 20 PSI with good gas and right chip, It has been awhile but i think 15 is where the factory limited it with a stock chip.

Looks like a stocker. upgraded TA (stock appearing) turbos have a bit different inlet bell.

The turbo appears to be stock w/an ext. gate d/p. What are you trying to accomplish? Get the most out of what you have, or upgrade? As stated previously, you can get 20 to 22#'s by adjusting the w/g. However, raising the boost w/o good fueling and ability to monitor is the road to disaster.
15-16#'s is usually max w/o engine knock/damage. Race gas or alchy is needed along w/good tuning for higher boost.
I don't remember a p/n on the stock turbo, only casting #s. Bison may remember the stock turbo size.

SHADOWII said:
The turbo appears to be stock w/an ext. gate d/p. What are you trying to accomplish? Get the most out of what you have, or upgrade? As stated previously, you can get 20 to 22#'s by adjusting the w/g. However, raising the boost w/o good fueling and ability to monitor is the road to disaster.
15-16#'s is usually max w/o engine knock/damage. Race gas or alchy is needed along w/good tuning for higher boost.
I don't remember a p/n on the stock turbo, only casting #s. Bison may remember the stock turbo size.

Ya just trying to get the most out of it right now. I have knock gauge fp regulator and fr gauge and scanmaster getting ready to go in. I just wanted to know the limitations and see where to go next.

Ok, now we have an idea of what you are looking for and can better guide you. Continue to ask questions as you move forward and don't get over-aggressive as you make your gains. Which can be difficult to do. The knock det. is your friend. W/o a wideband it's difficult to maintain a proper a/f ratio, so pay close attention to it and if you see it going red get out of it.