the next little project

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
ok so after parting out the blue car in my avatar, and wanting to make a change for something truly offensive (and fast) I decided on a 1976 280Z with a 520 cuin big block chevy... now I understand that since this is a buick forum, ill prolly catch some garbage over posting this up, but in the end im still a buick guy deep down and the fab work ive done is decent (I think lol). if ya got any questions about anything built then shoot away

the roller when I picked it up
seu5bc.jpg

initial engine mockup/ plate mounting ect
2qmkhaa.jpg

modified valve covers to fit "ls" truck coils. this engine will be full sequential
2i0c2zk.jpg

the header building materials. 2 1/8 primarys into 3.5 collectors, and all stainless
141nwif.jpg

one header fully mocked/ready for breakdown and TIG welding. pass side header
2ns6n88.jpg

driver side header believe it or not the steering shaft runs through all that mess lol
2qlhezb.jpg

under the car....scary lol. dug off in the headers there is a starter that I had to "clock" in a custom direction and a oil filter that will prolly end up getting a relocation kit of some type. the headers hang below the front crossmember by about 1 1/2 inch which isn't too bad I feel (cell phone pics arnt of the highest quality)
i1jvwy.jpg

oh yea I forgot. new rolling gear. custom built coilovers help clear the 275 radials out back and Toyota 4 piston calapers ect up front
28tufyr.jpg