The NEW United 787........

turbofabricator

Here is a video of what I spent my day doing. I had to set up the airplane for United Airlines to show case their new 787. They are the first North American airline to fly the 787. I have been working on the plane for 4+ yrs now. Things are starting to smooth out. The United folks were REAL excited to see their new plane. This plane is "MY" plane, we just recieved it from the factory and are now trying to get the last few things sorted out. I got to hang out with some real great people from the airline and a passenger that flies with United all the time. He has logged over 2.5 MILLION flight miles and will exceed 3 million, soon. 90+% of his miles are pleasure not business. Ya, I'm in this video, but woop-de-dooo. Enjoy the video of the most advanced commercial airplane flying today. The Boeing 787-8. "Plastic Fantastic"
Sometimes I REALLY like my job.:D I got to chat with some of the flight attendants and the pilots that are going to be flying on the new plane. They are REALLY excited about flying this new plane. The flight attendants are in a lottery of sorts to "win" the first flight on the 787. One of the gals was REALLY excited about flying on the super quiet airplane. (You can stand next to the engine at idle and have a normal converstaion) At idle you can hardly tell it's running. With the APU (auxillary power unit) running you can't hear it over the electronic cooling fans (RAM fans). It's THAT quiet. Enjoy.....

#!

Nice but see the bathrooms are still real small. Need more room for the mile high club members.;)

Very cool, you work on the Dreamliner and I get to work on Your bosses Private Jets here in Chicago(actually Gary INdiana. Awesome job we have.