The "New" search function officially STINKS!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
You have the wait 45 seconds before the next search?
Whats up with that? :rolleyes:;)

use the "backspace" key or the "back arrow" at the top left of the screen....easy fix man.

use the "backspace" key or the "back arrow" at the top left of the screen....easy fix man.

Well, it must be “me”. :rolleyes:

I do a search, and the search function tell me to try a different word (Ok, I can handle that :tongue:)
So, I change the key word, search again and tells me to wait 41 seconds, before I can search again. :mad:
So I back out completely, back into the “technical forum” search again, and tells me I have to wait 21 seconds before I can do a search. :mad:

What am I doing wrong? :mad:

sorry dude...thought you were talking about "new post" button up top...i dont use the search button...i read everything in the forum im looking for. google is probably the faster search anyway...it will bring up topics on this site, and with no wait time.

its probably to keep the server from loading up when 10k people are all trying to search at once

There is a 30 sec delay, I think (may be 20 or 45), between searches! If you are doing searches that fast it is not finding what you are looking for to start off with. It does not do 3 letter searches...

there is a 30 sec delay, i think (may be 20 or 45), between searches! If you are doing searches that fast it is not finding what you are looking for to start off with. It does not do 3 letter searches...

45 . . ;)

How about the option for when you want to search for the whole phrase instead of it searching for every word you type. For instance if i want to search for 60lb injectors it gives me the option of searching that entire phrase instead of it doing a search the word 60lb and injectors. This really helps in narrowing things down.

There is a 30 sec delay, I think (may be 20 or 45), between searches! If you are doing searches that fast it is not finding what you are looking for to start off with. It does not do 3 letter searches...

No more than 20 would help alot.

This weekend I was searching for some info for a good friend thats not so computer saavy and this was a major stumbling block. Especiall since you may have to try a few different keywords to get the threads.And you have to wait.

If you have just searched and then want to simply view teh new posts the 45seconds has to time out for that as well.

And the search for a new search function continues . . . . . . ;)

I'm not sure how the filter is set up but the search button has pretty much never worked for me whenever I searched for an old post.

That's one thing I would really like to see modified.

its probably to keep the server from loading up when 10k people are all trying to search at once

That will never happen! 7 out of 10 people dont even use the search, they just start a new thread instead of searching for what they need. Most are too lazy or dont know about the seach feature. When they realize there is a seach feature they get frustrated & just start a thread most times.

That will never happen! 7 out of 10 people dont even use the search, they just start a new thread instead of searching for what they need. Most are too lazy or dont know about the seach feature. When they realize there is a seach feature they get frustrated & just start a thread most times.
I don't see people starting a new thread because they have to wait a few seconds before searching. If ur searching for a specific thread you won't accomplish that goal by starting a new thread for whatever you were searching for. That doesnt make sense.

If I was searching for "Brakes" im not gonna start a new thread and wait 2-3 days for members to respond when I can just wait a few seconds and search again. Not that the search button really works very well but for general items it works fairly well I guess. The filters are too gereral imo.

I don't see people starting a new thread because they have to wait a few seconds before searching. If ur searching for a specific thread you won't accomplish that goal by starting a new thread for whatever you were searching for. That doesnt make sense.

If I was searching for "Brakes" im not gonna start a new thread and wait 2-3 days for members to respond when I can just wait a few seconds and search again. Not that the search button really works very well but for general items it works fairly well I guess. The filters are too gereral imo.

What I meant is new guys & some other members as well would rather just ask & wait instead of searching. Some being too lazy & also some doing it to get more posts/threads associatted to their names.
Not even so much because the search funtion is slow & especially with the 45 sec wait.
Altho, that is somewhat aggravating even to me. Search the wrong word & gotta do something else while you wait which can be annoying when you happen to be in a rush.