The M-8 event is on

Originally posted by terbo
I never been to stanton! I live like ten minutes from alpine ave,I actually work off of alpine ave also! I would like to meet up with you guy's, then we can roll together!

Sounds cool Terbo. Are you driving your car up or trailoring it there? We could meet maybe behind Friday's there on Alpine if you want or if you have another place in mind let me know.

Originally posted by turbo6x2
Friends? You have friends, really?? Justing kidding. Hey twins what you can't make the m-8 this year????

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ya I got one or two..... I think..... LOL
Hey did K get the beast going???? Or should I come down Sunday so we can get it running, then he can play with it for a couple weeks before this event.:D

I'll meet you there! you said around 8:00 am right? hopefully my work will not call me in, otherwise i'll be there! I'll be driving my t-type there and back! I can't wait! sweeeet! see ya on the 25th!:D

I'll meet you there! you said around 8:00 am right? hopefully my work will not call me in, otherwise i'll be there! I'll be driving my t-type there and back! I can't wait! sweeeet! see ya on the 25th!:D

Okay ,cool. I'll be in a dark blue Olds Cutlass with a Tan vinyl top. I maybe on a trailor not sure yet. If so it will be pulled by a white ford F-250, newer style. Click the link to see the car if you want. :D What color is your T?
81cutlass26.jpg

sweet cutty! I have a white t-type with t-tops!:D
i'll meet ya soon! (unless it snows!!!)

SOME BIG UPDTAES

Hey all...

Check out this thread
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=152368

I just made some news updates about the event that I think you might be interested in checking out.

If youy have a CamaroZ28.Com message board account, feel free to subscribe to to that thread. Also post an questions or comments there if you like.

OR...

If you do not have a CamaroZ28.Com account, feel free to subscribe to THIS thread and/or ask questions here.

See you guys there!

sweet cutty! I have a white t-type with t-tops!:D
i'll meet ya soon! (unless it snows!!!)

AAAHHHHHHH... don't say that word. LOL :D

Thanks for the complement. I'll see ya there.

Also if you have one of those two way radio's and if you want to bring it with you we can use it to let ya know whats happening so it's not a big surprise, when we turn or something. Or if for some reason we loose site of each other.

wow i just heard about this event...i think i am going to race my car as well! maybe i can finally crack my first 11...does anyone have good directions to get there? where is Stanton??? i will be coming from northwest Indiana

uh oh...this track is NHRA isn't it...that means i have to have a roll bar in my car if running 11.99 or faster...hmmmmm not sure if i will be able to race now...

There were cars there last year running in the 11's with no bar. Now if you were to run a 10.50 someone might say something, but mid-hi 11's i wouldn't sweat. Just my $.02

I went 11.79@114 a couple sundays ago and nothing was said to me. Also there was a gn there that was running low 11's with no cage.

Don, don't sweat the roll bar - I run at this track all the time and they don't really crack down, unless you are running deep into the 11's.

It's going to be a 4 hour drive for you........

For these types of events they usually let you get away with one or two 10's before shutting you down for safety reasons. See you there. A GN running low 11's when was this?

October 5th, first Sun. of test and tune. The guy popped a head gasket on his last run. I told him about the 25th but I'm not sure if he'll be running by then.

I just wanted everyone to know that there was incorrect information on the event web site as far as what time the event happens.

The gates will open at 10:00 am and test and tune will begine at 11:00 am. This is an hour or two later than normal.

It has now been corrected on the web site.

See the event schedule for additional details:
http://www.migmevent.com/m8/schedule.shtml

SlowTTa - I checked out your car that day, nice ride. I had the Pale Yellow (Cream Beige) T-type. I was going to stop and say HI but I never saw anyone around your car.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Nocooler
SlowTTa - I checked out your car that day, nice ride. I had the Pale Yellow (Cream Beige) T-type. I was going to stop and say HI but I never saw anyone around your car.

Jeremy

Thats OK its just a ugly looking TTA:D That should be running ALOT faster than 11.79!

Are you sure you'll be there on the 25th Dave? No golf that day?

Scott

Slow tta..........I was there with my Blk/Blk Ty hanging around with NoCooler. Again we walked around to see your car but must have missed you.

I saw that GN.....was running neck and neck with Zoomers GTP when I saw it. That GTP is crazy FWD---11.20's @123!!!

How about that TT Stage T. 8's!!!!!

I wish my GN could come out this year.........oh well, Ty only.

Look forward to meeting some of you I missed at the Fall Fling.