The M-8 event is on

Hey Terbo, looks like the start time has changed for the M8 event so do you want to meet at the same place but at 9am? I'll PM you my cell # incase you have any problems on that day or something.

Yeah it's an hour later, they usually don't show up on time and the thing starts a half hour late anyways. LOL hopefully we can open the track on time this way... Should be another great weekend. Hopefully Stanton won't slouch on the vht, like they did this past Saturday. I think they just got tired of all the street tires on the cars pulling water to the line. If the track would have been a little more sticky I might of had my 11. But with a 35 mph head wind and only a 1.68 60 foot I did manage a 12.09 and 12.11 respectively. A little vht and no wind and I might actually see an 11 in the hot air. I was the fastest to run though, which made me feel pretty good. We helped a stocker (HI Ryan) get his first 13 second time slip and hopefully will get a few more bugs like his idle corrected this Saturday. The Michigan Grand Prix club put on another great event. I am still hoping to have two GN's at M-8 but only registered for one, just in case he changes his mind again... Keeping my fingers crossed.

:D

NOCOOLER, TWINS

Saw both of your vehicles drivin' around up there, I was wandering around all day just checkin out some of the rides. I'll be up there this weekend and hope to better my 11.79. I'm probably going to be parked next to Quick Turbo V6. He'll be the one putting his car on the trailer after one pass. Oh yeah Scott, if you don't remember what the back end of my car looks like I can provide you a picture.

I'm probably going to be parked next to Quick Turbo V6. He'll be the one putting his car on the trailer after one pass. Oh yeah Scott, if you don't remember what the back end of my car looks like I can provide you a picture. [/B][/QUOTE]

When your car makes power you tend to break things, but then again you would not know anything about that. Yeah let me have a pic of the back of your car because that will be the only time I see it!

Scott

I hate to remind you but you saw the back of my car in Aug.

I continue to make power with my car and I didn't waste money on expensive heads that crack and a ford rear-end.

BTW have you got your heads back yet?

I will never waste my $$$ on Champion heads again! No heads yet they have told me 3 times that my heads are on there way but I have yet to see them:mad:

Scott

PS.. If my car is running you better watch out:D

Otherwise you'll have to beat me with someone elses car.
If your heads come, I would hope that you can beat me with your trailer queen.

Gbodynutt, I got your p.m. I'll give you a call friday night (if it's alright) to verify where to meet!
:cool:

Originally posted by SlowTTA
Otherwise you'll have to beat me with someone elses car.
If your heads come, I would hope that you can beat me with your trailer queen.

Last I heard you are looking for a trailer to tow your turd up there! If you want to pay me for the gas to drive it up there I will.

Scott

Originally posted by terbo
Gbodynutt, I got your p.m. I'll give you a call friday night (if it's alright) to verify where to meet!
:cool:

Sounds cool Terbo. About anytime should be okay. I'm normally up till 12 or so anyway. I might go to the lot then too but in my S-10, or riding with a friend in his Battle Cruiser, 78' T-bird.:D LOL Hope to have already Friday night to go flog it Saturday.:D :cool:

Originally posted by turbo6x2
Yeah it's an hour later, they usually don't show up on time and the thing starts a half hour late anyways. LOL hopefully we can open the track on time this way... Should be another great weekend. Hopefully Stanton won't slouch on the vht, like they did this past Saturday. I think they just got tired of all the street tires on the cars pulling water to the line. If the track would have been a little more sticky I might of had my 11. But with a 35 mph head wind and only a 1.68 60 foot I did manage a 12.09 and 12.11 respectively. A little vht and no wind and I might actually see an 11 in the hot air. I was the fastest to run though, which made me feel pretty good. We helped a stocker (HI Ryan) get his first 13 second time slip and hopefully will get a few more bugs like his idle corrected this Saturday. The Michigan Grand Prix club put on another great event. I am still hoping to have two GN's at M-8 but only registered for one, just in case he changes his mind again... Keeping my fingers crossed.

:D

12.09, SWEEEEETTTTTTTTT. Ya they better be putting down the vht. I want mine to hook like he!! We need to show all them F-body owners what G-body's can do. LOL :D Well if your that close on Saturday we'll just have to start taking stuff off of it, seats, bumpers, ect. ;)

I'm hoping that they are liberal with the VHT......I got real tired of running 12.5/12.6 launching off idle last Wednesday.

I would like to get at least a 1.62 60 foot a 1.58 like last year would work. I am thinking since it is a bigger event they might use more, but time will tell. Not sure if we will be a two car show or not, the spare push rod is the wrong length and someone is very disappointed. (as he should be after waiting 2 weeks) Hopefully the 2 other spares are the correct ones.

Hope it works out for you, but I know I can hit low 1.6 or high 1.5 60 foot since I have been able to do it in the past with the hot air and my set up. I would just love to put the car up this season knowing it finally ran that 11 it has had in it all along. That would be worth bragging about. Of course since we found push rods for Karl's I'm sure he'll show me what 11's look like no problem..... :D

Originally posted by terbo
what happens if it rains, this weekend?:( :( :(

No worries, the answer is in this thread...
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=183823

The weather is shaping up to be decent. Maybe a little bit of rain in the early AM, but sunny before noon which is fine considering we don't start test and tune until 11.

Be sure to check out this thread for any last minute developements about the event:
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=152368

This might be my last post in this thread as I am leaving for the hotel Friday morning, so everyone have a safe drive and I'll see you all there!!