The Karate Kid - Jackie Chan as Mr Meagee

Movie Talk: Karate Kid

Guess hollywood can't come up with anything original anymore so they remake old movies into new ones.

I have no problem with remakes. I have somewhat of a problem with Jackie Chan playing him,as he's too young. But hey, at least they got an Asian (although not Japanese, Chinese) master to play the part. What I have a major problem with is that they changed the race of the LaRussa family to black, just like they did to the Honeymooners, and just like they did to Ripcord in GI Joe (he was a white redhead before the movie).

Liberals should burn in hell, and I say this as a neo-con hating paleo-libertarian.

If memory serves, Pat Morita didn't know any form of martial arts. At least Chan does. That said, I am not sure I like Will Smith's kid getting the lead in the movie. Nothing against Jaden Smith. He just isn't right for the part IMO.

If memory serves, Pat Morita didn't know any form of martial arts. At least Chan does. That said, I am not sure I like Will Smith's kid getting the lead in the movie. Nothing against Jaden Smith. He just isn't right for the part IMO.

H's also too young. The kid who plays Harry Potter would be perfect. A geeky white kid in his 20's who can easily pass for a 16 year old.

Some movies just don't need to be remade. Come up with something original, sheesh!!!

Only thing I am interested in is to see what kind of cars he is going to be waxing. Wax on, wax off!:biggrin: Maybe an old Turbo Regal.:)

At least Will Smith and his son have something in common now. James West should not have been remade. Next thing you know, Snoop Dogg will be cast as Jim Rockford.

I vote we cast Andy Samburg or Adam Sandler as Fred Sanford with that skinny white kid from Super Bad (Not McLovin, the other one) as Lamont. "HEY DUMMY!"

At least Will Smith and his son have something in common now. James West should not have been remade. Next thing you know, Snoop Dogg will be cast as Jim Rockford.

I vote we cast Andy Samburg or Adam Sandler as Fred Sanford with that skinny white kid from Super Bad (Not McLovin, the other one) as Lamont. "HEY DUMMY!"

now thats F ucking funny!

A.j.