The GN Lay of the land?

turbophil.ORI

Checking in after 20 years in GN hiatus. Long since lost my screen name on GNTTYPE.ORG when we had an email list in lieu of a forum....

I was burning EPROMs for my 87 GN back in the 90s with Ken Mosher, Kent Rudbeck, Scott Simpson, and vast number of folks way more interesting than me... We were all paving the way in stock ECU tuning etc. I had a PT70 turbo, 72lb injectors, and a gawd-awful 4.1 swap (girdled and so-forth) and ran low 11's at 117ish with a full weight daily driver, stock ECU, on meth/water injection (I think my recipe for this is still floating around in google)... That was pretty fast back then. I'm sure it's basic these days...

Nevertheless, Cottons was just coming onto the scene as I was transitioning out of the sport.

Purpose of my post is to say Howdy, but also to get the lay of the land in today's GN world.

I've got a project build and now that I have some money, vs being hand to mouth back when I had my 87 GN in the 90s, I'd love to drop in a T3.8 to relive my youth again.

So who's the go-to these days? Is Cotton even still around?

Appreciate your patience as I kick the tires around this project.

Thanks,

Phil

Welcome back!
The "lay of the land"... Parts are getting scarce, expensive, machine shops are no longer doing "V sicks" work, we old guys are slowing down, going fishing more, and practicing being lazy!:oldman::eek:
Last I talked to Jack, he and his son were still at it.
A link: http://cottonsperformance.com/

Welcome back.

Lots of Vendors have come and gone since the 90's. Chips have changed and there are several after market ECU's to upgrade to. Jack Cotton is still in the game. I don't know what you were using for Alky injection but it seems most people use Razor's Alky units now sold by several vendors on this site. You can find them under Forums near the bottom the page.

I'm the original owner of my GN and all I can say is you can get just about any question you have answered here from original restorations to flat out race cars. The site went down for maintenance earlier this month and lots of us were like crack addicts missing a fix.

Of course everything costs about 3X as much as it would for a Chevy.

Ken Moser, what a name to me from the past! I went to Scribner with the Omaha guys and he gave me chips to try. Great guy! What was his buddies name from Omaha with a silver T Type? Long time ago.

Last I talked to Jack, he and his son were still at it.
Yep, he sure is. Brian is part of a new generation of open minded performance enthusiasts.

Jack is still a sensitive stubborn cranky bastard who still tells everyone they would be better off in a Buick. And that's exactly why I keep going up there to get yelled at!