The Fast And The Furious

BenPutnam

Comes out today, I'm going to see what role the mighty GN plays tonight! :)

I don't think I've been this excited to see a movie in a long time.

I seen the fast and furious movie tonight and the GN (gnx clone) came out strong. It was around 10 minutes of time in the very beginning, and I felt was a lot of fun. I loved the driving backwards scene, and if you're in a good movie theater you hear the turbo whine which sounds really kool. You will also see Vin Diesel shifting the GN which is kind of funny, but it was as if it had a manual valve body or something. There was a couple of moments where the GN sounded like some weird sort of hybrid V8, which kind of bugged me out a little, but nevertheless they kept it mainly sounding like a GN for

The story plot was really lame however, but still entertaining nevertheless..

I'd still wait for it to come out on video- don't spend a lot of money. Also, for people with kids- a few heavy kissing lesbian scenes, fyi.

They showed a pic in the local paper yesterday of Vin in the GN and I did not see the hood bulge, looked to be a n/a hood on the car, any else catch this??

Ron

kirban 2 cents worth

Every movie critic in the newspapers I have read gave it at the most 1 1/2 stars and says it lacks a story line like someone above has mentioned. But from a money making standpoint their is a good segment of the population that will enjoy the movie since it features fast cars and sexy women....and in our case a Grand National/GNX. We plan to see it during the week when it would be less crowded.

I did have a few of my customers report last summer that they did block off certain streets in California for the actual filming.

Also the shop that built the Buicks used in the movie bought from us fender flares or louvers and a few other items. I can't recall exactly what parts they bught. Usually more than 2-3 sets. Word has it about 6 cars Buicks were built.

Our company just sent some parts to a resto shop in Tennessee as they have one of the actual cars and it will be in a car museum shortly near Dollyworld - Pigeon Forge, TN for those that may not know where Dollyworld is all about.

They did mount one backwards on a frame......

As the saying goes any ink or any movie good or bad that features what many of us believe to be the premier muscle car from the 1980s is good for the car model.

Look what the Dukes of Hazards did for the Mopar group.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am sure not every Buick featured in the movie was powered by a Turbo engine some were Chevy powered because of the availability of parts etc.

Well I thought it was going to be another failure and after all the other shows that followed the original I thought id would have really sucked but this one was actually better than the first and of course all the others that followed..

They threw in the ladies making out a few to many times(had the kids with me) and there was alot of ricers inside the theater and in the parking garage that took 15 minutes to get out of and most of them pointing at my GN,they all were reving the riced out motors while waiting to get out and I went ahead and opened the cut-out and let it rip and it set off a few alarms...

Anyway ill give it 4 thumbs up;) and the dukes of hazard I actually thought was good to,but those guys are just funny actors,imo..

kirban 2 cents worth

Every movie critic in the newspapers I have read gave it at the most 1 1/2 stars and says it lacks a story line like someone above has mentioned. But from a money making standpoint their is a good segment of the population that will enjoy the movie since it features fast cars and sexy women....and in our case a Grand National/GNX. We plan to see it during the week when it would be less crowded.

I did have a few of my customers report last summer that they did block off certain streets in California for the actual filming.

Also the shop that built the Buicks used in the movie bought from us fender flares or louvers and a few other items. I can't recall exactly what parts they bught. Usually more than 2-3 sets. Word has it about 6 cars Buicks were built.

Our company just sent some parts to a resto shop in Tennessee as they have one of the actual cars and it will be in a car museum shortly near Dollyworld - Pigeon Forge, TN for those that may not know where Dollyworld is all about.

They did mount one backwards on a frame......

As the saying goes any ink or any movie good or bad that features what many of us believe to be the premier muscle car from the 1980s is good for the car model.

Look what the Dukes of Hazards did for the Mopar group.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am sure not every Buick featured in the movie was powered by a Turbo engine some were Chevy powered because of the availability of parts etc.

When I seen the trailer, I actually sent an email to universal studios asking them to please dump the v8 sound of the buick and please keep the original turbo v6 sound effects. I am going in about an hour to see the movie, but it sounds like they did maybe "fix" it? Did you put any feedback on this matter as well? I'd be curious. Also, the latest hot rod magazine has an article on how they created certain cars and did certain scenes, such as putting about 200 lbs in the trunk of the chevelle for the wheelie, and about 2200 pounds in the back of the camaro so it would wheelie in the dirt (they ben't the first one in half trying this), and they also mentioned mounting the GN body backwards on the frame for the scene that Vin Diesel is in reverse. They said they had to remove the turbo in order for the v6 to fit in the trunk. It's kind of interesting on how they did some of the scenes. Check it out.

It appears to already be starting with the "know-it-alls" and what they claim to know about the GN/GNX. There is a guy on yahoo saying GN's were slow because the turbo only kicked in at redline, and they were powered by a 250ci V6 with AWD, LMAO!!! I guess we can expect more false info floating around now that our cars are a little more "mainstream" now.

The husband and I went and saw the movie last night. Parking lot looked like a bowl of rice with a fart can attached...lol
Our movie theatre (saw someone else say theirs was asking a GN to park out front) had a bunch of import pieces of crap sitting out front. Ah, would have given anything at that point for my car to be done. Thought about going home and trailering it there...without the engine in it...ha ha ha ha:biggrin:
Was a decent movie, Paul Walker was just as hot in this one as he was in the first! Would have been way better if he went shirtless the whole move...:eek: I agree, plot was somewhat lame though.

kirban 2 cents worth

Volo Auto Museum. They actually are taking bids on several of the Buicks used in the film:

849_main_l.jpg

Volo Auto Museum:: 1986 BUICK GNX FAST & FURIOUS 4, DRIVER NIN DIESEL!!! -

839_main_l.jpg

Volo Auto Museum:: 1984 BUICK GNX FAST and FURIOUS 4, DRIVER VIN DIESEL -

840_main_l.jpg

Volo Auto Museum:: 1984 BUICK GNX FAST and FURIOUS 4, DRIVER VIN DIESEL -

By the way, they also have a 33,000 mile GN for sale along with a 1970 GS convertible and the 1966 Riviera from Death Race.

saw the move today.....a whole lot less rice;) the ricers will be disapionted....:eek:
the gn in the beginning had a combination of v6,v8 and other sounds though...?? at least it did not sound like the movie trailer.... not the best story line,but enjoyed it just the same....
alot more "American muscle" this time....

I want to see the movie, but don't want to hear the ricers cars with fart can mufflers in the lot because when I hear those engines, they remind me of the sounds of my Toro lawn mower, so I feel guilty for being at the movies instead of home doing yard work :) Maybe I can find out what night local GED classes are here and go see the movie on that night. :tongue:

I want to see the movie, but don't want to hear the ricers cars with fart can mufflers in the lot because when I hear those engines, they remind me of the sounds of my Toro lawn mower, so I feel guilty for being at the movies instead of home doing yard work :) Maybe I can find out what night local GED classes are here and go see the movie on that night. :tongue:

Now that there is funny.:biggrin:

I'm at the theater now. Charging $50 a pass to ride in a real GN. So far I have made 3 million dollars.

I'd see it for Michelle Rodriguez. If there's a TR in it, that's icing on the cake.

Now that there is funny.:biggrin:

I'm at the theater now. Charging $50 a pass to ride in a real GN. So far I have made 3 million dollars.
ROTFLMFAO!!!! I went to see the movie and i too was tempted to tow my car to the theater but it was good and actually more of a movie and not as cheesy as all the others especially now that i hear all the wheelies were real :eek: there were no ricers or gns at the theater i was at :eek: emagine in canton mich...but the theater was packed..