The everlasting ??

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
When using alky, does the IAT sensor go before or after the spray??
I've read many posts on the topic. Has there been a definitive answer??o_O:D

Yes

**My** definitive answer is "it depends".

Generally speaking you can tune either setup just fine. The MAT sensor is only really used in Speed Density style systems, and hitting it with something "colder" than the air is going to make the control system add fuel. But since you are adding fuel with the alky anyway, you are already tuning around the alky system.

So its more of a personal preference. I put mine before the alky nozzle, because I felt that the sensor is designed to measure air, so I let it......

B

i run XFI and run it after (in the plenum) so i can see the ALKY effect and determine if i need to improve the air charge temp or back off a little on the alky

Yes

**My** definitive answer is "it depends".

Generally speaking you can tune either setup just fine. The MAT sensor is only really used in Speed Density style systems, and hitting it with something "colder" than the air is going to make the control system add fuel. But since you are adding fuel with the alky anyway, you are already tuning around the alky system.

So its more of a personal preference. I put mine before the alky nozzle, because I felt that the sensor is designed to measure air, so I let it......

B
I agree with bob. Let it measure air, like it's supposed to. But like Pace and Bryan said. You can also see the effect of the alky if you install it after. I have one in both spots so I can see exactly what is going on. The sensor before is used for the Sd2 setup and the one in the intake is just logged to aid in tuning.

I guess I should have provided more info on the app..
LS turbo w/victor Jr, FAST 4 bbl t/b/ forward facing hat, Holley Dominator controller.
I think I'll go ahead and put it in the back of the hat, with a weld bung. [Can always plug it, and move the sensor. I'll put a bung on the up pipe, as I have 2 sensors.]:smuggrin:
Julio said his is at the rear. I guess since it's his alky system, he likely has a pretty good handle on it.:D

Thanks for the responses....(y)