The better head gasket

It is interesting that we use these gaskets and don't have that fuse to save us. Phoneguy I agree with you. If you would have had different gaskets they would have let go and saved your engine. I have thought of this everytime I start tuning up the knobs. Even with you using the FAST system the over boost happened fast and the engine was torched. Stinks!!! Will you use the same headgaskets again or go with a stock type?

Yup pretty nasty.
The point I was trying to make is that the Cometics will seal the heads!! The issue with my motor was a boost controller that decided that i was not running enough boost, so it corrected it for me !! My fast saw 29.6 psi which is all it can see with a 3 bar map. I have no idea how high the boost actually went. It was a pretty violent event, tires spun on the street and I pedaled it and hit it again. My boost was rock steady at 22psi in NC. I only made 4 passes up there as I was having problems pushing through the lights with 0 boost. My car went 6.93 @103 with a 1.54 60', 0 boost launch at 22psi and 21* on pump gas and ALKY. The car is making good power, 555 HP 553 TQ. Blew out a wheel cylinder and had to go back to RC's shop so I could fix the brakes and tune the car on C16.It rained and I never got the C16 tune which may have saved the motor, who knows. The boost controller is coming off and I will be installing a solenoid connected to the FAST for boost control.

Bryan

Man that's crazy. I have start putting the part together for my stroker and wnat to get the best gasket out. I was at the track in NC that weekend I didn't make it to RC but the track event was real nice. One guy broke his drive shaft and was tryin to fix it at the track.

I am undecided on the head gasket choice as of now. I want to run 30 psi but dont want another meltdown

Bryan

The best gaskets are RJC and Cometics. I say both are being used with great success. Or so I read. Bryan what boost controller are you going to use?

So i can't go wrong at all. A set if RJC are $140 and the Cometic is 180 Right or wrong. What the best place to get the Cometicfrom?

you can order an 8 bolt design from commetic. alot of people say the extra holes are a weak spot

Summit has them to.. Bottom line if the tune/octane/knock is off it will still go BOOM. :p

I want to run 30 psi but dont want another meltdown

Bryan

Dont mean to kick a guy while he's down.. But wanting a really high boost level and not wanting a meltdown are conflicting. I mean when parts are stressed you increase your risk. If your wanting to minimize the risk, then dont stress on the parts.

My buddy JD was running 32-33 PSI at BG this past Nov on pump gas.. but he's been working on his tune-up for a long time and felt he could ride the wave.

My own car runs graphite gaskets and makes shy of 1000 HP. Its all about the knock. And keeping a vigilant eye on it. No majic.. But that knock.. as Grumpy says.. will bring the house of cards coming down irreguardless of gasket used. Thats the word "tune"

Hope this helps.

I run sce coppers and have never blown one out. Times in signature. I started with cometic and had issues pressurizing coolant system. Went to the coppers 5 years ago and would never run anything else on my personal stuff.

Also, I think they would push out like a stocker and not cause to torch effect cometics do with alum heads

The best gaskets are RJC and Cometics. I say both are being used with great success. Or so I read. Bryan what boost controller are you going to use?

Boost will be controlled by FAST with a solenoid. I was going to do this while in NC and have Clint setup the boost map. With the brake issues and the rain I never got to it. This $40.00 item may have saved my motor as well...

Bryan

I just want to say thank you guys for all of your help. I'm all most ready to get me stroker motor started. Then getting parts little be little so It's time to take it to the shop. I have to start think about what kind of turbo now to get? Any input on that?

I just want to say thank you guys for all of your help. I'm all most ready to get me stroker motor started. Then getting parts little be little so It's time to take it to the shop. I have to start think about what kind of turbo now to get? Any input on that?

The t70 you have isn't big enough? You're going to need more injector too...

The t70 you have isn't big enough? You're going to need more injector too...

The the T 70 would work great, but my dad want it real bad and is going to help me get a new turbo. His going to hive me some money and his T66 for it so I can get something new. I was thinking the 6266 or 6765 CEA DBB on both.