The "Best" RCA Cables???

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
opinion or fact, whats the best RCA Cables to buy, have the entire interior gutted right now, and just planning ahead. I had Stinger in there, worked fine, but are full of undercoating from me spraying the floor w/ that crap a few years back, big mistake.... gonna strip and re-spray w/ some other stuff.

So what do you guys reccomend?? Need 2 sets, 14-16ft length. THANKS!

Just buy what you like and make sure it's not cheap crap.

I've heard $20 cables sounds no different than $150 cables.

I've used Phoenix gold back in the day.

Alot of it is in the voltage of the head unit.

ive used phoenix gold and stinger with pretty good results, anything that uses top grade wire and has great shielding is what to look for

You can't go wrong with Phoenix Gold, Stinger or Monster. Although the Monster RCA's are huge and used mostly for extreme car stereos.

I like a few different ones. I have experience with Monster Cable, which are decent for a basic stereo upgrade and low power source unit. I run knukonceptz.com Karma SS RCA's and powerwire in my WE4 with a 4V pre-outs Alpine source unit with no issues. I ran knukonceptz.com Krystal RCA's in Bryans Limited (1QUICK6'N'K.C.) and liked those too. In my GN with a Rockford Fosgate 8V pre-out source unit I needed something with killer noise rejection as the Monster Cables I had in there are giving me fits with noises and interference. I ordered 3 sets of Rockford Fosgate Power SPL Matrix Competition RCA's after doing some extensive research. These and the Rockford Fosgate RIOT RCA's have very good ratings. I hope they will take care of my issue.

For decent prices, decent quality I use knukonceptz.com. HTH

believe it or not,the SMALLER in diameter the better..thats the easiest way to reconize a good rca IMHO......
i remeber back in the day when large rca'a had more noise rejection,LOL...keep with brand names youve heard of before.....im a stinger dealer....i use stinger in my cars.....
my biggest help i can offer is i run my power cables on one side (pass on a TR),rca's on the other.....keep rca's from any power cables in car...tail light ,power seat harness,etc.........strait voodo if you ask RC...but has worked for me for 23 years...

dont fool yourself into thinking you are going to hear a difference.

The main advantage with good RCA cables is shielding to prevent alternator whine.

Trust me when I tell you, speaker wires and amp cables do NOT make a difference.

In fact, an engineer proved this by using coat-hanger wire to power some speakers and the self proclaimed most discriminant audiophiles could not tell a differences.

Google it if you dont believe me.

I used to work in the business, we made LOTS of money off monster cables, and I always got into trouble with the shops for giving customers my honest opinion about them.

If you want one of the best RCA's for car audio get Ixos. I use their Ixotica cables in my cars. For those who cant tell the difference, they probably dont have the experience or knowledge, or just dont care to hear the difference. Dont get me wrong, some cables that are in the thousands are ridiculously priced, but if you can afford it then get it. Does it make that much of a difference to justify the price, no. But does it make a difference at all, yes.

I understand what you are saying, and to a point I agree with you. However IMHO cables is not something you are going to hear a difference right away. I am on your side in where I think most people wouldnt be able to tell the difference in an A/B switch. But if someone owned a set of high end cables in a high end system, and you swapped them out in "their" system, I guarantee you that they will tell a difference. Cables can get stupid expensive, and get to the point where it is such a small difference in sound it doesnt make any sense. I believe in buying cables that are appropriate for the system. Most people in this thread talked about shielding being the only thing to look for in a cable. Nobody mentioned the RCA ends, which to me is just as important. On most good cables they have a screw on end which makes a much nicer tighter fit. You may think my comment is funny, but I still stand behind it. Also, I never thought of Monster Cable as being that great anyways. When I think of Monster, I think of Bose. Every consumer thinks its the best, but industry people know its just average. If you are/were in the industry, you will know what I am talking about.

if the car is empty u should do stinger hpm level 3 ae awesome u can get away with level 2 and they give u no noise

All you are looking for in patch cables is shielding and isolation, not sound quality. If someone tries to tell you otherwise, just remember "coat hanger wire"; laugh to yourself... and walk in a different direction.

There is a difference in the wires... Go grab you some 3 dollars ones from walmart and then hook them up to a set of quality cables side by side and you can here the difference when volume is applied...

There is a difference in the wires... Go grab you some 3 dollars ones from walmart and then hook them up to a set of quality cables side by side and you can here the difference when volume is applied...

Of course there are, because you are talking about two buck chuck cables that aren't shielded.

But, equal shielding considered, a human, not any human, not ever, will be able to distinguish between one pair or another.

This challenge has bested the masses so many times that I think Audiophiles, much like libtard gun-control advocates, are waking up to the facts.

Of course there are, because you are talking about two buck chuck cables that aren't shielded.

But, equal shielding considered, a human, not any human, not ever, will be able to distinguish between one pair or another.

This challenge has bested the masses so many times that I think Audiophiles, much like libtard gun-control advocates, are waking up to the facts.

Well shielded wires aren't cheap, or decent ones anyway...

Distortion can be a you know what!

I like a few different ones. I have experience with Monster Cable, which are decent for a basic stereo upgrade and low power source unit. I run knukonceptz.com Karma SS RCA's and powerwire in my WE4 with a 4V pre-outs Alpine source unit with no issues. I ran knukonceptz.com Krystal RCA's in Bryans Limited (1QUICK6'N'K.C.) and liked those too. In my GN with a Rockford Fosgate 8V pre-out source unit I needed something with killer noise rejection as the Monster Cables I had in there are giving me fits with noises and interference. I ordered 3 sets of Rockford Fosgate Power SPL Matrix Competition RCA's after doing some extensive research. These and the Rockford Fosgate RIOT RCA's have very good ratings. I hope they will take care of my issue.

For decent prices, decent quality I use knukonceptz.com. HTH

you may try to check your ground, if you have a decent set of shielded wires you should be good but sand the area where your ground is down to bare metal and see if that helps. also multiple grounds can cause a grounding loop thus bringing the distortion into the mix for you. one of the reasons to get a decent set of RCA's is to keep the engine noise outta your speakers. since the RCA's are running along the body of the car and your altenator and battery or grounded then there is some interferance that can come into play. at sound competitions some guys get bad marks if they have a higher then normal distortion ratio but normally the competition guys are good about grounds and stuff. i remember one guy had a home computer in his probe. it was a junker but he had a nice system in it. usually placed in any competition he was in. flat screen monitor and all. funniest thing i ever saw but his stereo would get down to 140ish db's and that's low. might have been lower but so many people were crowding around his car is was sick.