(COPY OF 2QK4 U THREAD.. ) Update: Pts Trans ?????? Who Has One??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Administrator
Update: Pts Trans ?????? Who Has One?? (COPY)

I HAVE POSTED A COPY OF 2 QK 4 U THREAD HEAR IN THE LOUNGE.
THE REASON ITS A COPY AND NOT THE THREADS ORIGINAL FORM IS BECAUSE I WAS MOVING IT FROM THE TRANS SECTION TO THE LOUNGE AND ACCIDENTLY DELETED IT
SORRY.

JESSE
:eek:

I AM PUTTING IT HERE IN THE LOUNGE INSTEAD OF THE FEEDBACK FORUM BECAUSE 2QK4U DID NOT BUY IT FROM PTS AND CAN NOT GIVE A VALID FEEDBACK EXPERIENCE.

THREAD COPY BELOW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to first unread post Last Thread Next Thread
Author Thread

2 QK 4 U
Fraud Detective

Update: Pts Trans ?????? Who Has One??
The results came in....lack of suffecient fluid due to a blockage in one of the many cavities of the valve body. One of the paper gaskets or something was either installed wrong or not for that application. There are more problems with proper lubrication and something with a drum. He didn't really go into detail on that too much.

Bottom Line: as much crap I've heard about these trans I just want to puke. I have all the paperwork from PTS with original purchaser and all the numbers match....((***EDIT***)) mad:

Thanks for all that has tried to help.

Last edited by Jesse on March 1st, 2004 at 05:38 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

March 1st, 2004 09:54 AM

aperrego
Drunk? I'll Check. :)

I feel your pain brotha. But I beleive it was mentioned before.. You bought it second hand....IE: Used so I cannot understand the frustration with PTS.. Whos the say that the previous owner did not mickey mouse the tranny in some way or change something on his own accord. I seriously doubt if you bought this from PTS directly you would not have these issues.. I dont know if you saved a loot by buying this or was just the right time and place but eitherway you are blaming the wrong person. But bottom line is, Used is Used and you don't know the extent of usage unless you were the one that used it.

87 GN ~68k,PTE T63, 3inDP with Lee Gate, ATR 3' single, Champion Irons, Champion Intake, Extender Xtreme, 75#'rs, Walbro 307, Hot Wire, PTE/Accufab 70mm TB and Hat, Ross Pistons, SMC Alky Dual Nozzle, Stock IC with Dutt Neck<GOING TO THE MEASE INTTR1SOON>, Cold Air Kit--No Times -Putting it togeter! See pics. WOOOHOO!
My Pictures
"In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC."

March 1st, 2004 10:24 AM

2 QK 4 U
Fraud Detective

Hmmm, let's see. I know the person that I bought it off of very well. He did buy it directly from PTS as stated before. I know he didn't mess with it. So who do I blame the transmission defect fairys that strike in the night?

March 1st, 2004 10:28 AM

aperrego
Drunk? I'll Check. :)

Ok.. So what are you trying to accomplish here? Are you just insistant to give PTS a bad rap? Venting? What? It really does not matter who you bought it off of.. What ever you buy especially used or second hand you run a risk, if you have a beef with anyone it should be with the guy you bought it from.. But most likely he sold it "AS IS NO WARRANTY" friend or not. So it sounds like you are out of pocket which again I feel for you. There is no bias here as I do not have one of thier tranny's nor do I know any of them.. Maybe one of lifes lessons learned?

Best of luck with it sounds like you got it in someones capable hands.

87 GN ~68k,PTE T63, 3inDP with Lee Gate, ATR 3' single, Champion Irons, Champion Intake, Extender Xtreme, 75#'rs, Walbro 307, Hot Wire, PTE/Accufab 70mm TB and Hat, Ross Pistons, SMC Alky Dual Nozzle, Stock IC with Dutt Neck<GOING TO THE MEASE INTTR1SOON>, Cold Air Kit--No Times -Putting it togeter! See pics. WOOOHOO!
My Pictures
"In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC."

March 1st, 2004 10:55 AM

2quiktocare
Tech Forum Advisor

2QK, as I said in your last thread, give me a call, let me varify what trans you have and I can see if I can help you. At this point all I have to go on is vague statements by you. If you are truly interested in getting this thing resolved, give me a call. All our transmissions havebeen thru many test, both in shop and on the road in our test mule prior to it even being shipped. If anything was blocked, it would have been giving trouble long before now. Call me, I need the name of the original purchaser, the date built, and which trans it is. If you have any problem with finding that info, it's all stamped into the tailshaft portions of the trans on the top side.

The need for speed makes you too quick to care about the rest.

March 1st, 2004 12:14 PM

broke1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 2quiktocare
2QK, as I said in your last thread, give me a call, let me varify what trans you have and I can see if I can help you. At this point all I have to go on is vague statements by you. If you are truly interested in getting this thing resolved, give me a call. All our transmissions havebeen thru many test, both in shop and on the road in our test mule prior to it even being shipped. If anything was blocked, it would have been giving trouble long before now. Call me, I need the name of the original purchaser, the date built, and which trans it is. If you have any problem with finding that info, it's all stamped into the tailshaft portions of the trans on the top side.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PTS has stepped up to the plate which they probably would have done anyway if you called them on the PHONE.You should have seen what PTS had to say before you posted this IMO

Tired of blowing up you 200r4?? Need a tranny?? If so call Chris at CK Performance,718-784-4256 or visit their website at www.ckperformance.com they specialize in all trannys from street to full race.

87 GN 4th owner,76k miles,t tops,fully loaded and stock for now

85 GN 3rd owner ,GNX clone with t tops,LT 72,MER,83 lb inj,Champion irons,billet mains,AOD with 'brake,full roller valve train ,etc,undergoing full restoration and customization including leather interior.

84 Light Royal Blue Mett. T Type,3rd owner,full roller 500 horse 383 with th 350, blue leather interior,100 spoke Daytons,have all parts to convert to 86-87 and have all original parts,a real "ghetto ride",loud and fast, owned the car since I was 18

March 1st, 2004 12:47 PM

GNVAIR

quote:
Originally posted by broke1
PTS has stepped up to the plate which they probably would have done anyway if you called them on the PHONE.You should have seen what PTS had to say before you posted this IMO

Better watch it Drew. Comments like that will get you banned from tb.com for a 3rd or is it 4th time.
Btw, we had a laugh when you tried to drag Eric of Dynotech into another mess you started. Cheers!

Your friend,
Lee

March 1st, 2004 03:43 PM

A. G. Olphart

2QK, you seem to have a lot of brass in your alloy... Are you looking for an eternal guarantee on a racing part (which most companies won't guarantee at all)?

If I were PTS I'd advise you to Kiss my a$$, but it looks like they really want to know what happened (Despite what looks like a smear campaign to me).

With at least 3 people in the mix after they built the tranny (purchaser-you-new shop) there is NO way PTS can truly verify what has happened.

Again (if I were PTS) looking at your recent posts, I wouldn't want to build a tranny for you. I'd wonder if you wanted a functional transmission or one to kill as an excuse to sling sh**.

(I now don my asbestos suit).

A. G.

March 1st, 2004 04:06 PM

2 QK 4 U
Fraud Detective

quote:
Originally posted by A. G. Olphart
2QK, you seem to have a lot of brass in your alloy... Are you looking for an eternal guarantee on a racing part (which most companies won't guarantee at all)?

If I were PTS I'd advise you to Kiss my a$$, but it looks like they really want to know what happened (Despite what looks like a smear campaign to me).

With at least 3 people in the mix after they built the tranny (purchaser-you-new shop) there is NO way PTS can truly verify what has happened.

Again (if I were PTS) looking at your recent posts, I wouldn't want to build a tranny for you. I'd wonder if you wanted a functional transmission or one to kill as an excuse to sling sh**.

(I now don my asbestos suit).

LISTEN ROOK ! I don't give a **** what you think. You can kiss my a$$ but I don't know where your mouth has been. (According to your post probably on everyone at PTSs' a$$....I know they won't warrant the trans. Read a bit closer. If you read correctly Mark wants me to call him. I'm not calling just to hear them say they can't do anything about it.

And Yeah ! I do want a gaurenteed race trans....to hold up on a stock GN....(again, Doofus read post closer) The old one got deleted so if you havn't followed my previous post, don't stick your big nose is the sh!t now...Rookie!

The trans is being re-done. I showed the guy all these threads and he just laughed. Said he could build a 2004r in his sleep better than this one....

"I don my asbestos suit" << That's just plain queer!

Disclaimer: No animals were hurt during the posting of this sh!t slinging thread. Viewer discrection is advised

March 1st, 2004 04:24 PM

ITSAV6
"It's my granny's car!"

mark
Sent you a PM.

ITSA V6/87 T-Type,aquamarine,130k miles,stk turbo&IC,gutted cat and 2 'stang flowmasters,14in K&N,RA93 chip(stk inj),Best ET-7.9@85.96mph 1/8(12.30's in 1/4) on BFG DR-1.75 60ft @1psi launch-20psi run(1/8mi)-Killer Street&3000 9X11 here!

March 1st, 2004 05:14 PM

2quiktocare
Tech Forum Advisor

Got it . Bruce will be with you soon. Thanks, Mark

March 1st, 2004 05:41 PM

2quiktocare
Tech Forum Advisor

Hey 2QK 4 U,

Make sure you save all the "wrong" gaskets and such. Also have you trans guy take pic as well. I have a strong feeling you are going to need them in the future.

I was and am totally serious about seeing what went wrong with your trans and helping you out. You have yet to even varify you have a true PTS transmission. I would suggest you send me some kind of proof before you go much further with this. You are treading on some serious ground here.

How old is this trans, how many miles are on it, what is the name of the original purchaser, and which trans is it?

If things are on the up and up here, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain by letting me know.

Mark

March 1st, 2004 05:53 PM

broke1

quote:
Originally posted by GNVAIR
Better watch it Drew. Comments like that will get you banned from tb.com for a 3rd or is it 4th time.
Btw, we had a laugh when you tried to drag Eric of Dynotech into another mess you started. Cheers!

Your friend,
Lee

Well because one of Dynotechs employees want to banter the company name around with their own agenda,thats fine....

DYNOTECH WILL NEVER HAVE ME AS A CUSTOMER and I can KILL trannys with the best of em

IMO Eric is proving to me that people dont matter since he has not called.If it were my biz as soon as an employee tried to drag my name into HIS argument he would have been looking for a new job.

Look at the people that stay in biz in your neck of the woods,CAS,MPE,etc Guess they do it differently in Jersey

Tired of blowing up you 200r4?? Need a tranny?? If so call Chris at CK Performance,718-784-4256 or visit their website at www.ckperformance.com they specialize in all trannys from street to full race.

87 GN 4th owner,76k miles,t tops,fully loaded and stock for now

85 GN 3rd owner ,GNX clone with t tops,LT 72,MER,83 lb inj,Champion irons,billet mains,AOD with 'brake,full roller valve train ,etc,undergoing full restoration and customization including leather interior.

84 Light Royal Blue Mett. T Type,3rd owner,full roller 500 horse 383 with th 350, blue leather interior,100 spoke Daytons,have all parts to convert to 86-87 and have all original parts,a real "ghetto ride",loud and fast, owned the car since I was 18

March 1st, 2004 05:57 PM

A. G. Olphart

Good thing I was wearing my Teflon coated asbestos suit .

A. G.

March 1st, 2004 07:29 PM

Nick Micale
Administrator

Re: Update: Pts Trans ?????? Who Has One??

quote:
Originally posted by 2 QK 4 U
Bottom Line: as much crap I've heard about these trans I just want to puke. I have all the paperwork from PTS with original purchaser and all the numbers match....((***EDIT***)) mad:

Seems like we all have heard enough "crap" from you about your second-hand "PTS transmission", if in fact it is from PTS?

First, this thread will be moved to the Feedback forum where it should be and locked until you can produce facts about this situation. The allegations you have made public are rather serious, and hopefully you can back up your "claim". Until you do so, your attitude and comments are not welcome.

With other members asking who and why is this "person" trying to start trouble? Your entire story sounds like it is made up just to discredit PTS?

602-866-9908
www.arizonaGN.com

March 1st, 2004 11:31 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.