The best in-tank fuel pump?

SNAKE250R

Last year i replaced my stock fuel pump with a walbro 340 and a hot wire.yesterday while running with the hood up i watched the fuel pressure drop off on the gauge below 10psi .i shut the car off,restarted about 1/2 hour later fuel pressure seemed fine untill about 5 to 10 minutes run time,then drops off again.fuel filter is new and pump does not sound good running in tank.i bought the pump and hot wire from full throttle speed.who sells the best in tank pump that lasts longer?

You could look into getting the SUPRA TT pump. Any race pump are luck part IMO. Some last years, some break down pretty fast. Just happens:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info and quick reply,i will look into the supra tt pump.i see your running the walbro 340 ,have you had any trouble with the walbro?i have read a post that said walbro had a run on some bad pumps but the new pumps are ok?

Sticky for fuel pumps?

There seems to be sooooo many issues regarding fuel pumps. Really, it seems to be a topic that keeps reappearing, over and over. Would someone be willing to write a good guide?

To the OP, I had posted before about recommendatons for a fuel pump. I have a stock 84, and maybe the Denso would be a bad choice, as it puts out too much pressure for a stock FP regulator to handle. The newer Walbros, are supposed to be 'AOK'

There are so many variables.

Many of the questions also involve trouble-shooting a pump. It's not just the ECM driving the FP relay, but also the oil pressure switch which takes over when the oil pressure is up to a certain value, and also, if you have a hotwire relay, is it supplying power to the pump?

I think it would be great if someone, more knowledgable than me, could write a guide about this subject.

I do understand about the 'hit or miss' nature of these things. But there is a lot of information that you have to dig through on previous posts to find what you're looking for. Is Walbro ok now? Seems so, but you have to dig a little to find if Your model number is ok or not.

My $.02

Jeff

I use the Denso pump for the Supras. It isn't a pretty install and the fuel gauge doesn't work right, but the perfromance of the pump is excellent. For racing it is ideal, for street it takes a little more tinkering.

Yep I wished there was a fuel pump on the market that was plug n play yet doesn't succumb to high boost levels. I'm getting ready to be on my 3rd pump.:mad:

I have had the walbro for about 4yrs now. No problems, but when i do I know It's pretty much gonna be 340 again or supra pump. I've run this pump on funes, nothing and still works. I would advise anyone that wants to prolong their pump just always have alteast half quater tank, run MMO or lucas every oil change. I think I lucked out treating my pump the way i do.

xp plus

ever try red armstrongs xp plus hooks right up in place of stock pump i upgraded red armstrong double pumper pump works great 564 hp to the rear wheels

LOL,don't feel bad, mine went out 7 weeks ago with just over 800 miles on the clock.... which i purchase it in March 2009:mad:

Thanks for all the replys! I called full throttle today,no warranty (no surprise).i looked at the denso,the overall size looks to big?i like the sound of the red armstrongs xp pump because it "hooks right up in place of the stock pump".i had to rewire the sending unit for the walbro pump,will i need to rewire again?sorry but i wont try another walbro and take a chance,not only the $100 but the hassle of dropping the tank.luckly the pump started acting up in the driveway and i caught it,not on the street.

fuel pump

im sure red still makes the double pumper i got mine in april or may cost me 570 shipped to my door comes with sending unit every thing simple to install and worth every penny i put a xp plus in before the double pumper and went 11.01 with 60 lb mototron injectors single xp is a great pump but if you plan on running really fast you need double pumper i run e-85 know so i have 120 lb injectors i have reds number if needed

im sure red still makes the double pumper i got mine in april or may cost me 570 shipped to my door comes with sending unit every thing simple to install and worth every penny i put a xp plus in before the double pumper and went 11.01 with 60 lb mototron injectors single xp is a great pump but if you plan on running really fast you need double pumper i run e-85 know so i have 120 lb injectors i have reds number if needed
Wassup jason glad to see you found turbobuick.com finally!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help guys,i ordered today a pump from red armtrong (440-235-3232) for $149.00,also got an education on pumps from him,nice guy.i decided to go with his pump not only because of the price but also he gives a year warranty,it will fit in the stock location(no modifying),his pump is a blueprinted walbro with better pressure and flow,more reliable,ect.he does still make the double pumper which he recommends for anything over 60lbs. Injectors.

So Red has blueprinted Walbro's, did any of his Walbro's die during the recall period?