The Best all around Spark Plug Wires to use

This can explain a friends car that I have been blowing my mind trying to figure out why at 5200 RPM the engine feels like it`s hitting a rev limitter!!!
I will try my Accel`s on his car. That will MAKE or BRAKE my decision.

Taylor wires are working on many Turbo Buicks without any issues. If one of my vendors told me to make a set of Taylors for one of you guys making big power or racing I would have to say "I just can't". I would not let them put you into a wire I don't feel is the best choice. It's my job to give the vendors the best possible product. A wire that is proven is just that simple. Proven. I do Taylor's when price point is a issue. Thanks Dusty and JD for the kind words. Much appreciated.

I have been running the same Accel 8.8mm 300 plus Race Wires for over 10 years on my 109. And if I can get away that I don't need longer! They will go on the Stage Motor. Don't hear much about Accel anymore. If they won't work. I will try the Moroso.
We got into a great subject I find.

They do have Firecores for GN's. Just call and order. I think they run $105 for a set. I want to try them just haven't had the money

Not yet. ^^^^^

x2 on the Firecores

When I ordered my set of Firecores from Rick, he asked me if I had a set of OEM GN wires to send him. I will be sending him my set so he can make 'em.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Not yet. ^^^^^

x2 on the Firecores

When I ordered my set of Firecores from Rick, he asked me if I had a set of OEM GN wires to send him. I will be sending him my set so he can make 'em.

I have seen them on the web site I don't remember the part # though. When you get them let me know how you like them.
Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You took the Ultra 40 race Wires! Universal cut to fit?
That is what I am looking at. # 73801
I went with the Moroso Ultra 40 Race Ignition wire's.. I bought the 90* V8 set. I wanted the extra wires... I bought mine already assembled. I went with the 90* boots to fit/run under the ATR stage headers...
HTH

I went with the Moroso Ultra 40 Race Ignition wire's.. I bought the 90* V8 set. I wanted the extra wires... I bought mine already assembled. I went with the 90* boots to fit/run under the ATR stage headers...
HTH
I will have to use the Straights because of those Special Headers I have from that special guy who makes special pieces...:)
Thanks for your input.

The word "BEST" to define a product or service is very hard to accomplish as there are usually many other factors to consider other that "they work for me" or "I had issues" as the situations and use may very wildly? :confused:

Spark plug wires are a good example of that statement, at least in my opinion.

A street car and a race car differ very much in their environment and use which illustrates my point.

The race, high performance, high HP area is much more demanding that street use, and plug wires MUST perform, or power and reliability will suffer.

I wish that I could find the "BEST' plug wire, but like most everyone else. I am still looking! :)

One thing I do know is even the expensive wires do not live forever on the street, and especially bad with track use. We have found various issues with plug wires lately as use and time takes its toll, and one of the last items we suspect when looking for engine issues, is the plug wires.

Recently for example, a couple 10 sec. GN's were having high RPM issues and after LOTS of checking and changing parts, the wires were bad. One set varied from 12.5 to .8 ohms with one wire sometimes not conducting at all?

Checking a few cars with no issues, but old wires, we still fine a wide variance in conductivity?

We certainly will not take any brand plug wire for granted as we will check them before installation, and often afterwards. :D

I've got a response from Taylor and FAST about the Talyor wires, seems its the routing of ecm wires , where noise can come into the system, if the ECU is not directly grounded at the battery. To summarize their comments, the Taylor wires will work as well as any low ohm wire in the 40 ohms/ft range.