The Best all around Spark Plug Wires to use

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
What are the best ones to use as of Conduct and end Boots! Straights or 90 degrees?
Stage II Heads.
I am looking at Taylors, Moroso....?!?!

Thanks

What are the best ones to use as of Conduct and end Boots! Straights or 90 degrees?
Stage II Heads.
I am lloking at Taylors, Moroso....?!?!

Thanks
I like the MSD wires. They seem to have real low resistance.
Allan G.

I have taylor thundervolt 50s 10.4 mm, depending what you do wires under headers 90 degree, wires above headers 135 degree

Moroso. They have the lowest ohm numbers. They come in several different boot angles. MSD is my second choice. I have done several Stage engines. Try to get as many straight boots as you can to fit. Even the 45 degree boots want to burn.

Moroso look like they were my first and the Taylor my second. So I guess these both will not affect the FAST! That was my major concern.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

For the longest time i had RF problems with my car and changed the plug wires from Taylor to MSD super conductors and it went away. I read others have had good luck with Taylors and mine just sarting giving me problems. Even a wire that ohm,s good can still put out RF that can cause major problems.

For the longest time i had RF problems with my car and changed the plug wires from Taylor to MSD super conductors and it went away. I read others have had good luck with Taylors and mine just sarting giving me problems. Even a wire that ohm,s good can still put out RF that can cause major problems.
Gene,

I am looking into getting the Taylor 10.4mm Race 409 series. I hope those are not the ones that gave you problems!!

J-B Racing said:
Gene,

I am looking into getting the Taylor 10.4mm Race 409 series. I hope those are not the ones that gave you problems!!

I used those before and had no issues but they are big and bulky and hard to keep out of harms way.

AG

I used those before and had no issues but they are big and bulky and hard to keep out of harms way.

AG
That`s OK Allan....I can handle it...lol On the Lemans I had back in the 90`s the Accel 9mm Copper Core solid wire. You would bend the wire and it would stay bent...:) Had to take them off when I installed a Mallory Ignition System.

Gene,

Ya those are the ones :mad: I had them on the car for 2 years before they starting kicking my laptop off line while data loging and messing with my tac signal and the car would break up on the top end.

I just bought a set of taylors....ouch, any problems I am going to be not very happy!
silicon_sparkplug.png

• 40 Ohm/ft Ferrite Spiral-Wound coated core blend of exclusive copper/nickel alloy bonded by a conductive acrylic cover. Our Ferrite Spiral-Wound low resistance core provides optimum RFI and EMI suppression and is compatible with use on most electronic ignition systems and components.
  • Features a tightly woven heat treated fiberglass braid eliminating the need for additional sleeving.
  • Exclusive three layer 100% ZIMPLEX® silicone outer jacket provides additional heat and abrasion protection up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit and 102,000 volts dielectric strength, a must for the extreme conditions of open wheel racing and under hood temperatures.
  • Available in Black with Gold lettering with color coordinated low profile 100% silicone PROBOOTS® featuring vibration proof double spring locking spark plug terminals.

Go to Yellowbullet . Com and do a search for Firecore wires. Lots of info and not a single complaint and some of the claims are amazing.

Firecore wires do work very well.. You'll probably have to call them with the lengths you need and tell them the boots you want on each end.

I'm sure there is a member here who also makes custom plug wires that work very well and he will probably be quicker to get them from.

Damn it, I just grabbed a set of the Taylor Thundervolt 50's from Cottons. If I need to return them...please let me know. I will be running a FAST system.

Thanks
Coach

They do have Firecores for GN's. Just call and order. I think they run $105 for a set. I want to try them just haven't had the money

FYI I have contacted Taylor about people having RF issues with their wires, lets see what they say...​