The 2015 Annual Buick versus Ford Shootout at Noble

Quik Six

Flyerfinal15.jpg
The 20th Buick versus Ford Shootout will be held at Noble on September 19, 2015.
Rules are expected to stay the same and the facilities should be in even better shape than last years.

We believe that our team is stronger when the racers commit to participate in the race so we will have a commitment list that will be updated. It is requested that commitments be posted on this board and include your name and state.

2015 Commitment List

AR James Kiddy
AR Ray Alexander
AR Wade Atchison
OK Dick Walker
OK Phil Engle
OK Tracy Hooper
OK Travis Hooper
OK Russ Goodman
OK Clay Hollander
OK Dan Meador
KS Kevin Plowman
KS Luke Nowaczyk
KS Joe Reif, Sr.
KS Joe Reif, Jr.
KS Luke Silky
KS Tyler DeLong
MA Jack Cotton Buick
MA Jack Cotton Pontiac
TX John Botkol
TX Bones Hayhurst
TX Bud Smith
TX David Newton
TX Geoff Newton
TX Mike Derden
TX Pat Hogan

Last edited:
Put me on the list, Kevin Plowman and my step son Luke Nowaczyk from Kansas. Looking forward to the race. Would love to get a copy of the flyer so I can try and get some
more cars to come down to the shootout. The sooner the better. Thanks.

Put Tyler DeLong on the list from Ks. and also Luke Silkey will be there from Ks. as well.

Phil, my son Geoff (87 GN) as well as me and I'll be in my GN this year! yeah! I think it's been at least 3 years maybe 4 since I have had my GN there.

Any big guns showing up? Super Dog, category 6, fear, etc.?

We're going to have to work this a little differently this year. Not much activity on this thread. Still 7 months to go before race day and a lot of things can happen in that period of time.

Super Dog will probably be there along with a 10 second GS car.

So are people talking about this on Facebook or something? This is the 20th ford vs. Buick. I figured this would be busy right now even being 7 months away.

So are people talking about this on Facebook or something? This is the 20th ford vs. Buick. I figured this would be busy right now even being 7 months away.

Look under "Groups" on Face Book. Ford versus Buick is one and the Ford guys sponsor that thread.

The change in focus for information about the race has changed.

2014 there were 377 posts and 20,991 views.

2013 there were 501 posts and 32,598 views.

That's about a 40 drop in one year.

Bones: Glad to see that you are coming to the Shootout.

Looking forward to watching your car run.

Phil Engle

Activity has definitely shifted to more social media. Anyone can ask to join "Ford vs Buick" and I or someone will approve you. I have also tried to get info out on "turbobuickmembersonfacebook"group, but tend to easily piss some of the keyboard tuff guys off with my style of smack. Some quick updates. This year's event will be sort of a hybrid 2 day event. Gates open at noon. Entry will be only $5 more than a regular Friday night TNT. We will have a true street event (30-50 mile cruise). All contestants that pay the $50 dollar entry at noon get a number of things. 1. Preferred parking.... I have too many requests for preferred spots, so this entry fee will get you first come first serve preferred parking. 2. Test session and/or entry into TS event. You do not have to enter TS event, but you get entry if wanted. 3. Friday night grudge/TNT with Ford/Buick preferred lanes. (2 outside lanes for quicker access to track). Times are not in stone yet, but entry at NOON, $15 spectator/$20 tech card for Friday night Grudge/TNT. Private session/TS event $50 racer (Preferred parking included). Here is the final version of the flyer. Maybe someone could post it up at the beginning of this thread?
Flyerfinal15.jpg