That Stupid EGR gasket just won't seal

FRANKIEz28

Frankie -n- Theresa
I found my vac leak after a year:eek: it turned out to be the EGR gasket. I found it with a can of CARB CLEANER right away. I was allways using NON-FLAMEABLE Brake Cleaner to find vac leaks (DON"T ASK) which didn't work:( STUPID ME!!!!

Well now to the point ! My EGR gasket won't seal right. I put the OEM one from the dealer i had bought a while back but i have the same problem (BLM's inthe 150's):eek: No matter how tight I tighten it just won't seal. Any Ideas?????

Thanks FRANKIEz

mine also,when I first start it up with hood open and I rev it with the throttle body lever I see exhasut gas coming from the egr area

Frankie...Try a new gasket with some Permatex Copper Cote (red/orange) on it.

Put a small bead on both surfaces...let it sit for 12-24 Hours, and then give it a try!

(Look forward to catching up with you at Atco or E-Town in the upcoming weeks)

I need to check mine also, but I would bet that with a cast iron EGR valve and an aluminum intake, something is warped, especially since only 1 bolt holds it down.

Thanks for the tip herb!
I will be at E-TOWN on the 10th hope to c u there:cool:

1badTTA I think ur right about it bein warped because it won't seal.

If my egr is leaking at the seal could this cause a vacuum leak that could keep my fp from rising with the rpm and boost?I have a had a mysterious knock situation and I don't know if the egr leaking at the base could be robbing vacuum from my fuel pressure regulator