Thanks UNGN your procedure works!

Quick6

I went to the track today and never before could I get my DR's to hook. I run BFG 255-50-16's the ones WITHOUT the center strip of rubber.
I set the tire pressure at 20psi, put 25 psi of air in the right air bag, zero in the left and then did a light to moderate burnout. Launched with about 3# of boost floored the pedal at launch while still keeping the brake pedal depressed and then releasing and I was getting consistent 1.7's my best was a 1.73. Never could before get this good of a sixty out of those DR's

The DR's must not have broke loose any to get those 60's. I will have to try that as I want to use the DR's for street and track. Let us know of any more details of this launch technique :)

I'm just glad to help. If there still was a TFS class, I'd probably keep all my secrets..well maybe a few, atleast. Since that went away last year, I tell everybody everything. The TR suspension works pretty good with drag radials when you know the tricks (and there are a LOT of them).

I'm pretty sure I learned the rapid WOT/brake release technique from a TR racer at one of the 1/8th mile tracks I've run at over the years. I definately didn't invent it, but I do use it, because it does seem to work. If track prep isn't great, you can still overpower the track using this method, but you will still be quicker than if you try to "pedal it" out of the hole at 1/2 throttle. You need to "plant" drag radials and WOT and lots of airbag pressure will do that for you.

Now you see why I like running drag radials so much. When they hook it can be amazing what they can do (vs. racing on radials 10 years ago, when 2.0 60fts on radials was considered "quick"). When it starts feeling like you've been rearended by a truck, then you know you really have them dialed in.