th400 driveshaft measurements

builtgn85

Ok I'm switching over to a th400 in my gn. I know some guys here have done this. So if they can tell me where to find the right driveshaft for it. Sure there is some place that has them already built. If not does anyone have the measurements for it. Its a stock 10bolt rear. Any information will be appreciated thanks

I went from a th350 to a 200r4 and had to find a longer driveshaft, my 350 had a long tail shaft and the driveshaft was cut, stock is 58" and i believe my th350 was at 50-51", i think a th350 long tail shaft is the same fit with the 400, small tail shaft will fit a stock 58" drive shaft, hope it makes since, i went to yard and pulled off a gbody regal i think..

Mine is short tail trans, so its the same length as the long tail 350. If so I need a for sure length. 50 to 51 is a big difference

Thanks a lot pacecarta. Could u tell me where u got ur driveshaft or is it custom built, cause that seems like all I can find for this conversion is only custom built ones. Figured as many ppl change over, some shop or vendor would have it for sale or have the measurements there self.

Mine is short tail trans, so its the same length as the long tail 350. If so I need a for sure length. 50 to 51 is a big difference

heres something i found on line, maybe it will help....i think the 400 is longer so if u have a short tail, then it replaces the long tail from a 350 and u will need 50.5"....your best bet is to hit the yards and start to measure :)

Attachments

• tranny_dimensions.jpg
    tranny_dimensions.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 232
Thanks a lot pacecarta. Could u tell me where u got ur driveshaft or is it custom built, cause that seems like all I can find for this conversion is only custom built ones. Figured as many ppl change over, some shop or vendor would have it for sale or have the measurements there self.
i have a dynotech that you can bolt right in....pm me for details.............Bob