TH350 to Northstar V8?

theo

Bit of a random question (or maybe it's not?), but is it a common mod to hook up a TH350 to a Northstar V8?

Does an adaptor plate exist for such a marriage? I know this isn't particularly Buick related, but I'm banking on the wealth of knowledgeable trans guys here!

Cheers
Theo

Bit of a random question (or maybe it's not?), but is it a common mod to hook up a TH350 to a Northstar V8?

Does an adaptor plate exist for such a marriage? I know this isn't particularly Buick related, but I'm banking on the wealth of knowledgeable trans guys here!

Cheers
Theo

The common trans to put behind a Northstar is a 700R4 from a Camaro or Firebird...they share the same bolt pattern. Try this link for more info Transmissions They have parts for conversions.

Thanks for the link....

I'm really trying to find out if a TH350 (that I already have) will work, and with what mods, rather than a 700-R4... although it looks like the 700 would be easier!

Perhaps someone does an adapter plate....?

Cheers mate,

I've had a look over the site, and sent him an email, will wait and see....

If it came behind a Metric 60 V6 it would be usable with some modification for the valley mounted starter and either a relocated or omitted bolt. RWD Metric 60 (2.8, 3.1, 3.4) that I can think of is S-10, 3rd Gen F-body, and early (as in pre-96) 4th Gen F-body. Everything else I can think of with a Metric 60 V6 is FWD. Being in the UK, there might be a Vauxhall application of it that was never available here. I'm still thinking you're looking at TH700R4, TH200, and 4L60E's. Another options is Bhendtsen's has an adapter from Metric 60 to Chevy pattern and specific Northstar adapters.

Thanks.

The mod wouldn't be for me - to fill you in a little: I've had an enquiry from a potential buyer of a TH350 I'm selling. He wants to know if it'll fit a Northstar, but has not gone into detail about which vehicle it came from. I will probably contact him to see if he's still interested, and if so pass on the info so far offered.

I contacted Bob Bendtsen about this and his advice was not to bother! Which I take it means he doesn't do an adapter plate for that particular combo.

Of course, I don't know if the guy is truly set on the idea or if he was just casually asking the question. Thanks again for the pointers.