th350 swap details

mactizen

Found decent deal on a th-350 locally and hoped to clear up the rest of the little details about getting it into the car if I choose to go with it. The transmission has a JW ultrabell so according to their site that has the BOP pattern and should bolt rite up, I know I will have to move my crossmember (or just the mount) a little bit but thats not a major problem. I havn't been able to find alot of info on what torque converters people use, does a 350 torque converter bolt to a GN flexplate?and it is the same converter as a 400 correct? I guess thats really the only things I need clarification on. After that its just the kickdown cable and the vaccum line/checkvalve. Also how bout the shifter? I have a B&M shifter and according to the summit catalog it works for 200,350 and 400's any issues there at all?

Am I missing anything major here?

If you read any of my other posts on transmission choices I have basically put the glide on hold untill I make more power, it seems maybe when I make a few (250+) more ponies it would be a good choice.

Thanks for any help.
-Mac

I have a 350. Get a crossmember from a 3 speed cutlass or regal. I use a coan conv. but it took them 1 additional restall to get it right. It does bolt up to the flexplate and u use the same driveshaft. I did buy a lokar dipstick for it. Speedo will be way off but a speedo gear change will get it back. I dont drive my car much and race it 4-5 times a year. I would get a conv. from ptc Dusty seems to know his conv. well

Like he said, get a crossmember from the local salvage yard. Pretty much any G-body there should have the right one.

The converters are different. You will need the correct splines for the T-350 with the small bolt pattern for the Buick flexplate. The stock linkage will even work with the stock shifter with some finessing.

Thanks for the replys guys, it's all going in my swapped mazda so the cross memeber I allready have can be unbolted and I would just need to make some new tabs to bolt it too.

I have no speedo now and no plans for one later so no worries there

The B&M shifter i have is reported to work with the 200 and a 350/400 so should be ok with that.

I'm very torn on what to do these days if a well built 200 would be a better way to go so i can have the OD when i do drive on the street. Just can't make up my mind 2 speed 3speed or 4 speed, not enough upsides or downsides to any of them for me to really make a choice.