Texas Buick Nationals pictures

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
It will probably take a week or more for everyone to load their pics but I figured I'd start it. David did a great job getting things together and everyone had fun so I really hope this happens again next year and gets bigger.:cool:
DSCF1257.JPG DSCF1258.JPG DSCF1259.JPG DSCF1260.JPG

A few more. The guys are Gary, me, my friend Greg, Ray, and Jason. Gary should be familiar to the MAGNA guys and he helped Jason drop .2 off his times with little more than some instructions and checking tires.
DSCF1261.JPG DSCF1262.JPG DSCF1263.JPG DSCF1264.JPG

Must have more pics!!!! ….Do you have any pics of Jeff's white Turbo-T?!?! I think I was about ready to offer him a trade of my C6Z for that BEAUTY!

Didn't take that many. I was a little involved with a few of the guys and didn't really think about taking that many pics.:(

I had a great time there, it was really cool meeting other board members. Charlie, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you in person but I appreciate you helping out my buddy Kyle who's car broke during the burnout. Timing chain broke and the boroscope showed evidence of the pistons making sweet sweet love to the valves...

Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 209
I was hoping it was just a distributor gear but I was afraid it was the chain. If he gets the heads off and needs a good place to do them Ledfords would be fine for the heads, but not the block.

That was one hillbilly track but I had a good time
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396227177.731611.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396227196.114347.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396227218.880771.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396227267.230696.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396227280.147546.jpg

Did the fear car make a good pass?I talk to quinton I believe his name was.

A few more. The guys are Gary, me, my friend Greg, Ray, and Jason. Gary should be familiar to the MAGNA guys and he helped Jason drop .2 off his times with little more than some instructions and checking tires.
View attachment 218962 View attachment 218963 View attachment 218964 View attachment 218965
That's a "Motley Crew" if I ever saw one.... Really, it was a complete pleasure meeting the faces behind the forum handles. I hope I wasn't too much of a "drag" with all the questions but I can't express my gratitude in words for all y'all's help. I wish I would've taken some pics but I was having too much fun running the car on the strip.

A few people did try the wine but none of them really had more than a sip or 2. I didn't drink that much myself because I didn't want to be poured into the car when we left.

I have a pit road walk down where I just captured most of the cars that were there, but Ive seen in the past people blocking their plate number so I guess its best I don't post it.

Great event. Wish I would have taken more pictures so those who did take pictures, please post! I see Charlie like most of my family caught my car behind that dang telephone pole. Everybody that got a pic of my car must have been behind that pole!!!

Steel guard rails .............o_O:cautious:

Bryan

The track is an old section of the high way. It might be a little back woods but it keeps em off the streets. No worse than Kennedale or yellow belly. I wish I could have made it down. There is always next year.

Steel guard rails .............o_O:cautious:

Bryan
The staff was very attentive on conditions and the 1 car that spewed water caused a long delay. We could even hear the guys sneakers sticking to the track as he walked and checked it. I was very surprised how well things were run for such a small track.

Ill be present next boys I promise just had a legal issue and some bad luck at the same time.

I had a blast guys, it was nice to meet a few of you, sorry for those I missed. It hard when your trying to make sure every thing is happening the way it is suppose to. Between racing myself, setting up the brackets, trying to get the food done and helping on the car show, it didn't leave me much time to talk to folks. I'm glad everyone had a good time. I'll post up a few pics later.

We made one last pass, but couldn't really use 2nd or 3rd gear. Car was running to fat, so I let out. Cal will get car dialed in and than we can actually leave on some boost with transbrake, and make more than 12 pounds boost lol. All in all, it was fun, got home in one piece and kids had good time

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The kid and I had fun. I wish I could have brought my car. I didn't get to meet everybody but talked to some nice people.