Testing the waters? Well, my silver hardtop 87 turbo regal limited w/ blackout trim

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
Well, i guess testing the waters... Im not quite sure how to present the car for sale.. I guess id want near $7500.00 or so for the car.

Early this october i put money down on a 2010 camaro for a new daily and my current daily driver limited will be sold. The camaro wont be here till march/april, so i dont really want to sell the car unless i purchase the camaro first. I might bail on the camaro if its a bucket of sht.

So, here goes.

I purchased the car with 72,000 miles on it about 10 years ago from a guy in Topeka Kansas. (actually a friend had the car from the guy in topeka and owned it for 2 years but never drove it or titled it in his name) (he only put 500 miles on it and never did anything with it)

The guy in Topeka purchased it when the car was about 1 year old with low miles.
The car is rust free, and no body damage. It is silver with grey cloth interior, hardtop, pw pdl tilt cruise R-12 A/C , power drivers seat, remote pass mirror,trunk release,G80 posi,aftermarket trunk kit, H-4 100 watt headlights, ect ect ect.
Its no where a show car, it has faded paint and rock chips on the nose and hood, and the paint is thin on the fenders, roof, and decklid. The roof was to the point where it started getting chalky, (not cracked) and i 1500 grit wet sanded the roof, decklid, and top of the 1/4s to bring the factory paint back to "presentable" or almost presentable. It needs paint in the near future, if i kept it i would paint it in about 3 years.

It has 112K on it right now, but for the past year the trans i temporarily installed has the wrong speedo gear in it, and the car racks up 300 miles per week and i drive 240 miles per week, the speedo is off drastically.

The good trans and convertor are sitting on the floor needing repair, pmac trans and 9/11 convertor. Car currently has a weak hotair transmission in it, it flares bad so i dont beat on it.
Mods:
gt3255e turbo
009 42.5 injectors
LT1 maf and translator
ATR front mount intercooler
Stainless Steel Terry Houston Downpipe
Hooker Cat Back
Alky control progressive methanol kit
Eric Marshall Alky chip for 20psi
Lt1 valve springs
Ported upper and lower intake
62mm throttle body
RJC power plate
I think a Pete Tomka cold air kit.. I would have to check the GSXTRA
Boxed lower control arms
ATR rear sway bar
2 air bags
340m fuel pump and hotwire kit
cutlass and grand prix bars up front from the engine crossmember to front frame horns.
H-4 80w/100w lights
F-body aluminum radiator
Ramchargers dual fan kit
Stock T-type wheels with 1 year old 275/60/15 rears and 2 year old 235/60/15 firestone firehawks with about 12K on them? I will have to check the receipts.

Stereo:
Aftermarket pioneer cd player with remote
Alpine 5 1/2s in place of the factory concert II door speakers
Alpine 6x9s same as above
MB Quart 3 1/2s up front in the dash, i think... its been a few years.
10 inch sub in a custom box set on the back shelf with 2 custom amps, 1 old school rockford fosgate for the sub, and a multi channel for the 6x9s and 5 1/2s.. The only space lost in the trunk from the stereo is the upper shelf.
I think i spent over 150.00 just in wire for the installation.

Its a good car and ive never had to pull the motor out or replace the headgaskets in it. Yes i have raced it, its not a super nice car, but a decent solid mostly original KANSAS car. It has original paint except the nose, fender, and 1/2 the hood was touched up before i purchased it, it has faded.

I do drive it everyday, i plan on driving it till i sell it, or keeping it if the camaro is as bad as the new challenger.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in, no trades, i have too many as it is.
PHOTOS: These are about a year old http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m155/turbov6bryan/silver limited/
BW

BW-

Should be an easy sale, any pics?

My boy turns 12 Wednesday, might be a good starter for him to toy with for a few years before he can drive it:biggrin:

BW-

Should be an easy sale, any pics?

My boy turns 12 Wednesday, might be a good starter for him to toy with for a few years before he can drive it:biggrin:

I updated the ad with a link of some older photos.
Wished the weather was nicer, seems like its going to ice tonight.

BW

HOLY **** I am staying in Seneca tonight, 1/2 a block from Honeyman Ford LOL:biggrin:

Yes i have raced it, its not a super nice car, but a decent solid mostly original KANSAS car. It has original paint except the nose, fender, and 1/2 the hood was touched up before i purchased it, it has faded.

Dont talk down the car man.............. its a CLEAN original car w/ faded original paint. What else can someone ask for? Id rather have a clean original faded paint car than a Maaco paint job on it hiding who knows what!! :biggrin:

This is a nice car fellas. Clean the engine bay up, paint the car, and enjoy a VERY NICE TURBO REGAL

Dont talk down the car man.............. its a CLEAN original car w/ faded original paint. What else can someone ask for? Id rather have a clean original faded paint car than a Maaco paint job on it hiding who knows what!! :biggrin:

This is a nice car fellas. Clean the engine bay up, paint the car, and enjoy a VERY NICE TURBO REGAL

Thats a very good point, the car does have most of the original paint so its not hiding any bondo and previous wreck repairs done to it.

Under the hood looks good, i forgot it has a adjustable regulator, under hood fuel pressure gauge, 1,000 miles on the msd wires and ngk ur5 plugs, R-12 ac still working fine :smile:
BW

Thats a very good point, the car does have most of the original paint so its not hiding any bondo and previous wreck repairs done to it.

Under the hood looks good, i forgot it has a adjustable regulator, under hood fuel pressure gauge, 1,000 miles on the msd wires and ngk ur5 plugs, R-12 ac still working fine :smile:
BW

Its about time you listened to me :eek:

Looks like a pretty good buy. Love the color.

Thank you, its standard silver with the blackout trim and i think its priced fair. I had that offer this summer for the car, but not quite sure if the guy was yankin my chain, plus i didnt want to sell it at the time.

Bench or buckets?? Where are you located??

All limiteds had the column shift, and this one has the cloth bench 60/40 seat. I will post up some better pictures when i have the time when the weather is nicer. Its supposed to be 60's next week.
I am located 19 miles south of downtown kansas city. My zip code is 66212.

Thanks
BW

What are the specifics of the Camaro you ordered? A guy at work is looking at getting one as well...I think he wants the V8 with auto. The V6 car is pretty impressive for what it is...155 mph top speed...not too shabby!

I ordered a 6 speed auto 304 hp direct injection v6 black on black cloth base model. They have now pushed the line 1 month further, so orders wont be filled till april may, and now as late as DECEMBER of this year for the V8 cars.

Sat down this week and decided, the silver limited is for sale right now, no more testing the waters. Will get it cleaned up for the next guy asap.

Also could turn it back to stock and sell it for 6xxx.00 with most of the stock parts on it.

Here is what the new camaro will look like.

Attachments

• ibm2.jpg
    ibm2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,667
Did you order the RS package as well? I was checking the V6 cars out and they are pretty hooked up as is. From what the magazines are saying they handle real well and will run out faster then a 2008 Charger Hemi police package. I bet that motor would be real bad ass with a blower...can you say Procharger;)

You wont own a black Turbo Regal.......................... but youll buy a black Chevy!?!?!:confused:

Ive had a few of the black turbo regals, but you know how that goes, they all look alike.

BW

Did you order the RS package as well? I was checking the V6 cars out and they are pretty hooked up as is. From what the magazines are saying they handle real well and will run out faster then a 2008 Charger Hemi police package. I bet that motor would be real bad ass with a blower...can you say Procharger;)

Standard base, no fancy rs package... Now it looks like they might be hiking up the price on them too.....

Might have to settle for something else
BW