Tell Me Your Point Of View On This

kmorri47

I am starting to get a little frustrated about a deal I have made with a member on this forum whom I am going to keep anonomiss till the time is right. I had some parts listed on this site for sale, and this gentleman replied to the post sent a bunch of emails back and forth. We had agreed on a price that included shipping well when I went to shipp these pieces it was twice the amount that we agreed on. I looked all over to get a better deal on shipping it wasnt happening. I then contacted the purchaser to tell them what was going on and gave the person some options which I still have the emails.
1st option would be I will refund imediatelly the purchasers money back to them in the same manner that they sent it to me which was western union the money would be available the next day.

2nd option he could pay the difference of the cost of shipping which would be 55.00

He asked if I could continue with the transaction and he would send me out a money order/check for the balance and that he thought initially it was to cheap to ship. He then asked if he could send a check/money order in order to save the western union fees I agreed figured the guy already sent me money on the good faith that I would send him the parts so I figured I could extend the same. He then asked me if I can send them while waiting to recieve the payment I agreed I did not want to hold him up. I paid the xtra money sent them out I also paid 30.00 for some very good boxes to send them out in.
Well I still have not seen the money that he said he sent out on 4-17-2009 I send emails it takes a day to get any replies when the deal was first going down I would recieve promt responses not anymore. I was told if I did not recieve by Mon 4-27-2009 he would get me another out right away. Well that day has passed now so now I get a reply that he just returned back from Vegas. He will put a search on for the payment and get back to me and that he recieved the parts but has not been able to look at them yet. he will check the parts and get back to me. Color me crazy but is he going to start to say he was not happy with the parts and maybe I will never see the remainder of the money owed?
I did send pictures with a good discription of the parts and where there were any damages he was happy with the pictures. Now maybe it's just me in a parinoid state maybe this guy is on the up & up but maybe hes preparing me for the inevitable? But I did give the option to send a full refund including the fees he paid to have western union handle the transaction. So what do you think am I being unreasonable or is this something I should be concerned about?

If you made the deal which included shipping then shipping charges is something you should have investigated before you made the deal.

If shipping is more then you expected and already made the deal then your out the extra shipping costs period! Thats's on you, not the guy you made the deal with.

Next time do your shipping homework. You made a deal, honor it. It's ur problem now, not the guy who purchased your parts.

Well when I discovered the cost it was based on 1 inch of packaging size smaller than the package was if I could have had the boxes 1 inch smaller then shipping would have been cheaper. I also let him know that I would have imediatelly refunded his money back including any cost associated with him sending the money to him. He agreed on sending the xtra shipping costs so where does that leave him?

If the guys does not send the extra money I would just chalk it up to a lesson learned. Cheap one by todays standards.

So if I refund his money now then I could be out of the refund and the parts I acted in good faith and offered to refund his money imediatelly. The refund included his fees that he spent to send the money western union. He did not want a refund and this was offered before I sent the parts. Just the last emails that I had with him seem funny oh I just returned from vegas oh I havnt seen the parts yet. I will let you know about the parts when I open them. These parts were already in his care on 4-24-2009 and he was contacting me all the way up till that time about tracking numbers.

Kmorri47:
If everything happened as you stated, then I think that you did the most appropriate thing that you could do to make the deal right. If he agreed to pay the added shipping charges and was given a choice to have his money returned + Western Union charges, that's pretty generous in my book. If he was given an opportunity either way and preferred to complete the deal and pay the extra shipping charges, then it should be on him. Unfortunately, I think that your suspensions will prove to be correct, and he will complain about the quality of what was sent to compromise your position on the extra shipping charges.

I hope not it's not a lot of money but after you take the price of shipping, cost of boxes I made a whole 56.00. I am crossing my fingers and hope he will come thru.

Best of luck dude. I think he will do the right thing...I hope! +2 Lesson learned!

I agree with GNBRETT, I have been a member of eBay for the past eight years and have sold several hundred items. I can’t count the number of times that I had to eat additional shipping cost because I undercharged the buyer. I personally would never ask a customer to pay additional shipping because I underestimated. I just look at it as the cost of being in that type of business.

the horns of a dilema...

Yes I see both sides of your sitiuation.

Since this really is not feedback yet, I'm going to move your thread to the turbo lounge. Good luck with your solution. :)

I'm not in the bussiness I'm just someone trying to get rid of the rest of the TB parts that I have. I am providing a service to people who would like these parts selling at or below most selling the same items. While trying to put some money in my pocket to work on another car I have purchased. If you are in the bussiness of selling parts and thats your way to make a living then you should be aware of shipping costs thats a big part of your job. But again I am a guy just trying to get by wheelin and dealin some parts that I have aquired to fix my car. I am not used to shipping parts out but one thing I am is honest and I did everything on my side to do the right thing and I hope that anyone that I am dealing with would extend the same. Anyone who will see this that has dealt with me in the past I doubt could say that I did them wrong in any way. I think?

Let me just say I just went to the mail box and guess what, I have recieved a check for the balance of the shipping charges. I have to say this man did the right thing he is a man of his word, and I am glad all along he told me that he had sent the payment and he did. I was starting to get concerned and there was no reason to. I must say that I appologize for doubting this mans integrity and thank you to all who replied to this.

I'm not trying to poke the sleeping dog here but after all this you should leave him/her some good feedback for sure.

If you made the deal which included shipping then shipping charges is something you should have investigated before you made the deal.

If shipping is more then you expected and already made the deal then your out the extra shipping costs period! Thats's on you, not the guy you made the deal with.

Next time do your shipping homework. You made a deal, honor it. It's ur problem now, not the guy who purchased your parts.

X2