Tell me about this turbo please. Quick.

For that price, it was a good deal long as its not hosed.

I hope so. What are the typical things that go wrong with turbos that were stored for a while? Besides rust.

It's pretty stock appearing isn't it? Do stock inlet bells fit on this?

And, if I turn it down to the boost level, that matches the HP level I'm running now (With what's in my signature, I usually run 17 psi) I'm guessing it's 'more efficient' so in turn the outgoing air's going to be a little cooler?
So if I do that, what will be necessary to get her to wake up? Will 2800 rpm's on the stall be enough? An RJC MBC maybe? Eventually, I'll be running full throttles 4" integral maf pipe with 4" AFE filter, and 3" DP with some high flow exhaust setup. Dutt necked IC for now, and gbodyparts SLIC later on. Is this a free enough running air track to let it spool up?

That impeller looks a bit small in that pic, I would suspect it's closer to a stocker than a 60, but I could be wrong. I thought that the ta60 had a bigger inlet even if it was the A cover. Either way it's misrepresented as an E cover...

I just read that a TA60 is stock appearing and the TE is non stock appearing. Could this be that he just got that mixed up by accident? This turbo is looking to me like a bone stock turbocharger....

I asked him to send me more photos of the impeller, the serial numbers, and the exhaust side.

See, I'm not at the house (im deployed) and I won't be able to inspect this thing for a while if I pay for it....though I don't appreciate being lied to either... If this is not a 60 turbo, I have to tell that guy to eat a dick.

I just read that a TA60 is stock appearing and the TE is non stock appearing. Could this be that he just got that mixed up by accident? This turbo is looking to me like a bone stock turbocharger....

yeah......ta looks stock...te...no...could have just got mixed up...

that looks like a ta49 the housing on the intake is too small also they ported the outlet!!! i wouldnt buy that escpecially when they dont know what it is

If your deployed and won't be using your car anytime soon then I would save my money up and just buy new. There are some great turbos out there now. At least you'll have a warrentee. Used is a crap shoot-you get crap and say shoot.

I asked that guy for more photos, and he said he sold it to someone else lol. What a moron. I hope he didn't screw the next guy in line... lol.

I asked that guy for more photos, and he said he sold it to someone else lol. What a moron. I hope he didn't screw the next guy in line... lol.

I was gonna say.. I got a TA60 on my brothers car out behind the shop. I coulda took some pictures of it for you.

Thanks for the offer, but it would have done me no good, as this chump wouldnt send me any more photos of it to compare :(
Ahh well. I hope I can find the guy who bought it. I'm curious as to their correspondence.

Finally got photos of the turbo. I compared it to the brand new condition refurb stocker that's on ebay for 700 dollars, and the cold side is identical in each and every way. (from what I seen) I blew both pictures up, and placed them side by side on the screen. At the same angle. Identical. I almost got suckered into another stock turbo for 200 dollars. I woulda been PISSED had I gotten it out of the box, and found out what I had.

grandnational033.jpg
[/IMG]

grandnational037.jpg
[/IMG]