Ted Whips It Out At Cecil

Ted made our jaws drop with those numbers but I think Avon had the most fun winning a friendly money race against John Csordas' Skyhawk by about a fender after getting treed by a tenth and driving all over his lane to catch and pass John :). John runs consistent high 8.80's but I'll let Avon post his number himself. Dave Fiscus is here but hasn't made a pass yet; he is working on little stuff on his car like installing a boost controller and doing some wiring. Jack Cotton is here but I didn't see him make a pass and I didn't get over to see how he is doing. Rich Rezes made one half track shakedown pass to see if the miss he had at Englishtown was fixed and developed another dead cylinder. Head needs to come off (again), this may happen tonight or maybe next year. So, barring a miracle by Rich there are four TSO cars here so far. Chris L. is supposed to be coming but haven't seen him yet and don't know of anyone else on the way. Oh, I asked Ted about his motor and he said that he cracked a GN1 head through a spark plug hole to both sides of the deck at Osceola on his maiden 8.58 (or whatever it was) so this time he is running TA heads. Still stock style, not stage II heads, but not GN1's.

Other notes: John Schmidt has the Opel here but not the Riviera; has run a couple of 7's at up to 185 mph plus some 8's. Big Al with the flamed rig and GN out of New York is here. I saw one shakedown pass but don't recall any more (he has run in the 7.40's a few years back). Jerry Lowell (the Razorback Racing car) ran some more 8.80's. Michael Armstrong ran a 9.90 and a 9.91 with his 109 block car (stock crank and rods, unported GN1's, and a TE63E!), and his dad Bob Armstrong ran an 8.8 on his first pass on a new stage II motor.

Temps were right at 60 F, it was overcast until about noon and then a little sun, and a gusting tailwind up to maybe 20 mph at times - everyone was getting great mph's. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same temp but no wind. Can't wait!

. Oh, I asked Ted about his motor and he said that he cracked a GN1 head through a spark plug hole to both sides of the deck at Osceola on his maiden 8.58 (or whatever it was) so this time he is running TA heads. Still stock style, not stage II heads, but not GN1's.

That would explain this~

Ted,

That is fanTAstic congratulations on raising the bar.

:D ;) :cool: Guess those TA heads work pretty well after all:eek:

9.99 Approved flexplate & shield (automatic transmission) 29.1, 30.1
9.99 Approved roll cage & window net* 27.1
9.99 Master cutoff switch
9.99 Competition License Class 4, Cat. C
9.99 Chassis Certification
9.99 Approved jacket/pants/neck collar/gloves* 3.2A/5, 3.3, 3.3/1
8.49 On-board fire system
8.49 to 7.50 Chassis certification 25.4/25.5 (3600#)

Got the fire supression system and we'll turn the car down since we have gone as fast as the rules allow.

I still cant get over it,
Man that car is flying!
Ill give it to ya
DLS,Neil Chance,BS3 is working for him fur sure

Temps were right at 60 F, it was overcast until about noon and then a little sun, and a gusting tailwind up to maybe 20 mph at times - everyone was getting great mph's. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same temp but no wind. Can't wait!

Wonder how much difference the no wind will make.

WOW!!! Ted your fly'n. To make all that power is great but if you can't put it to the track it's worthless. It seems you can do both. I think you'll like those TA heads. My TA headed motor has been together for two seasons (9.50"s to 10.00's)without issues. I just took the heads off for the first time this week. They look as good as the day they went on.

Congrats Ted!!!!

Man those DLS motors are MONSTERS:biggrin:

Ted pulled it out again in qualifying #1 spot 8.506@ 159.64

#2 Avon
#3 Jack
#4 Daves pass against Ted in qualifying 9.950 @145.96

Not sure what the others times were.

Ted pulled it out again in qualifying #1 spot 8.506@ 159.64

#2 Avon
#3 Jack
#4 Daves pass against Ted in qualifying 9.950 @145.96

Not sure what the others times were.

Wow that thing is ETing like crazy.
The MPH is a little down can that be attributed the change in
weather/wind conditions?

Did Chris Lyons make it out?

Carl,

Thanks for the update and the great details, keep them coming, man I really wish I was there now. Tell Avon I said "Go Avon Go...#2 is only one away from being in front leading the pack." Hahaha, some tough love and way to go on the lil side money race.

Laterz
Shev.

This just in. Ted went 8.48 @ 162 in first round against Dave. Dave pushed through the lights so the race was over before the green dropped. Congrats to Ted, he’s really hauling the mail!!!

On the chassis cert. Issue. You’ll have to check Ted's paperwork. My old TSO car was grand fathered last time it was re-certified about 2 years ago. My paperwork says my old car is good down to 7.50. If you get a new certification now it'll only be good to 8.50's as you stated.

Avon beat Jack in round one with an 8.5-somthing at like 162 I think.

Ted and Avon in the finals. This should be a great race, possibly the best TSO final on record. Two mid 8-second cars that are clearly both on their game and only a few hundredths separate them! It’s gonna come down to who can spool and cut the best light!

Art.

Update. Ted Won TSO, a big congrats to him. 8.49 @ 163 and change. I'm pretty sure that's a new MPH record as well. Avon took a big chunk of the tree and had a good three car lengths on Ted but then something went away on Avon's car and Ted drove around him for the win.

Art.

Avon lost a line to the boost controller at half track and the boost dropped to 15lbs on the wastegate spring. Avon had the win off the tree and I don't think he would have been caught otherwise. Only a .05 cent ziptie from winning:frown:

Congrats to Ted on the win and that sick 8.49 @163MPH pass.:cool: WOW!!:eek:

Looks like Avon isn't far behind with an 8.57 @162MPH. Nice to see these TSO cars showing their full potential and putting on some exciting racing for the Buick fans.

I really wish somebody had a video camera out there and would share this with us guys that couldn't be there:frown:

Congrats to Ted on the win and that sick 8.49 @163MPH pass.:cool: WOW!!:eek:

Looks like Avon isn't far behind with an 8.57 @162MPH. Nice to see these TSO cars showing their full potential and putting on some exciting racing for the Buick fans.

I really wish somebody had a video camera out there and would share this with us guys that couldn't be there:frown:

I know there are videos, probably take some time to post them.