Teaser picture

Heavy D

Got the body back on after the frame notch, heres the "park stance" air ride deflated. I still have to pick out some wheels and have a long way to go, but it looks cool!

100_0086.jpg

100_0115.jpg

Nice Dennis...Looking forward to seeing the framework on the notch...Awesome Stance...John

Thanks guys!..... John, I kinda wimped out on doing a major chassis deal (for now) I just did a simple notch. I added a bar above the rear axle that runs across and through the frame for support, and will incorporate some bracing off a custom drive shaft loop to the LCA's. That will be done after the exhaust is run so I can see where everything will fit. I'm going to cut the tubs next, and also box the frame rails. God knows how many times I'll have this body on and off this thing! Once everything is done, its all apart for painting & powder coating. Here's some shots during the notch...........

img071.jpg

img074.jpg

img080.jpg

img081.jpg

Heavy, Heavy, Heavy,
Are you trying to stay within some rules or guidelines??????? Why not just slice the frame where you started the notch and move everything in about 3 inches per side. Slice about 6 inches out of the middle of the cut off section and then box it back in??? If your going for a Pro Street look, this would have been the way to go. When you did your rear-end housing, the triangulated 4 link would have still worked with trailing arms, but just been narrower. I am not a fan of that skinny section left from a reg G-body frame notch. If your staying within the rules for racing, that's OK, but if your building a bitchin' street car, screw it. Just back-half it. You would have just needed a pan-hard bar, maybe. It looks killer in your pics, I was just askin.

Keep me posted,
Coach;)

I here you my brother! I have a commitment issue :D I may end up going full back half before its over. I have this stupid idea I can make a 10 wide car run with air ride suspension! I had a backhalf Challenger once, thought I'd try something different. If it dont work, I'll hack the bitch up and make the twins take turns riding with me :biggrin:

Notch fab work looks nice Dennis...What size tire are shooting for with the notch ?

I would like the 295/65-15 drag radial, will see. You know how things tighten up when you start lowering the car. At ride height I'll be fine, when you drop the air it gets tight. I'm picking up some wheels and tires this week from a friend to do some mocking up with. Since BG is cancelled, I have most of the week off..... Did you ever sell your M9?

I would like the 295/65-15 drag radial, will see. You know how things tighten up when you start lowering the car. At ride height I'll be fine, when you drop the air it gets tight. I'm picking up some wheels and tires this week from a friend to do some mocking up with. Since BG is cancelled, I have most of the week off..... Did you ever sell your M9?

295's should look great...Having some mock up wheels and tires to use as a reference is going to help a bunch. Getting the 295's inside the wheel wells shouldn't be a problem, not for sure about tucking them enough to lower the car though with just a notch. You'll definitely have to do a full tub and get rid of the outer factory portion of the wheel tub. Using a full tub is going to allow for the height of the 295's. Once you get the factory tubs out of your way and have the mock up wheels and tires on there, you should be able to get some good measurements..

Another problem will be the upper control arms hitting the factory floor pan of the trunk, you'll probably want to raise the floor pan or fab a recessed pocket for them. PM me if you have any quuestions, once you get into everything...

I still have the M9, Axles and Wilwood Brakes, I had to change over to Wilwood race brakes for the Beadlocks I'm running...

Good Luck with build, gonna look Killer when it's finished...John

You'll definitely have to do a full tub and get rid of the outer factory portion of the wheel tub.

No doubt, the 275's hit the tub right now with the car this low. Thanks for offering your input, i will be PMing you this week with a couple questions!