TE 60 Setup Questions

AdReNaLiNe

Hey Guys,

I have done a lot of searching on the forum here but can't really find answers to the questions I have so I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the subjects for me.

1. The TE60 I got didn't come with a wastegate, I'm assuming that taking the wastegate of the stock turbo and using it with the TE60 is fine. I have noticed that some guys have opened up the wastegate holes on the turbos (by grinding them), I'm just wondering why they do this.

2. Can you use an external wastegate with this setup? is it even beneficial?

3. Is there a better internal wastegate than the stock one that everyone else is using with this kit?

4. I was going to put a wideband o2 sensor on this car, however do not have a bung welded onto the 3 in downpipe that came with the car. I was wondering if I could put a wideband o2 where the stocker would go, and then splice into the signal cable to run to the ECU and if that would work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I have done a lot of searching on the forum here but can't really find answers to the questions I have so I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the subjects for me.

1. The TE60 I got didn't come with a wastegate, I'm assuming that taking the wastegate of the stock turbo and using it with the TE60 is fine. I have noticed that some guys have opened up the wastegate holes on the turbos (by grinding them), I'm just wondering why they do this.

2. Can you use an external wastegate with this setup? is it even beneficial?

3. Is there a better internal wastegate than the stock one that everyone else is using with this kit?

4. I was going to put a wideband o2 sensor on this car, however do not have a bung welded onto the 3 in downpipe that came with the car. I was wondering if I could put a wideband o2 where the stocker would go, and then splice into the signal cable to run to the ECU and if that would work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1. No you need to use a TE series wastegate actuator the stock one will not work. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - ACTUATOR FOR "TE" TURBO STD.
2. Yes you can bypass internal wastegate set-ups and move to external research it out to see if that's the route you would like to take.
3. Wastegate control helps eliminate boost creep and boost spikes. The goal is to have your car run the boost level you intend it to run, no more no less.
4. Do some research and read up on the particular wideband that you have. I wouldn't recommend trying to do things an easy way, I would look for ways to do things the correct way.

Visit this link and read the turbo 101 on this site, many of your questions will be easily answered if you put in just a little leg work and research it out yourself.
Turbocharger