TCC not locking up anymore

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
this has been going on for quite some time now...my torque converter used to lock up at 55 mph with the stock chip and my aftermarket speedo a long time ago...ever since i went to aftermarket chips i haven't seen the torque converter lock up ever...i have even tried to manually lock it via splicing a toggle switch into the top left ALDL port wire...still no dice...

back in the day i used to be able to feel a slight shift and drop in rpms at around 45mph which was indicating the tcc was locking up...i would hit the brake and rpms would jump up and such...now the car hits 4th gear at 35mph normal driving and there is no more slight tug and drop in rpms at 45mph....i used to be able to cruise at 65 mph at around 2200 rpms...now it's close to 2400-2600

i have had turbolink hooked up to verify the lockup and nothing...i know that these cars have some sort of TCC solenoid underneath somewhere...could that be what is bad? will that cause the TCC not to ever lock up? i would really like to be able to lock it up by this friday...i know it's worth 2 tenths just by locking it...any help is much appreciated

I'd start with the brake switch and make sure the chip is programmed to do it.

Chip provides the ground path.

Brake switch opens the +12 path.

Check the above and also check the electrical connection at the transmission and make sure it is clean and tight.

Are your aftermarket chips allowing lockup under WOT conditions? If so, chances are you have no more clutch to lock up. Are you running an aftermarket converter? Most stock and aftermarket and smaller diameter lock-up stall converters that cost less than $800 and are not of the UFO design will not handle full-throttle lockup conditions. The clutch area is far too small and the clutches are far too weak to last long with any abuse. I would contact the chip programmer and ask them about it if you don't have access to a chip reader.

I have a 350 WOT lockups on my stock converter and it still locks up fine. I would guess its an electrical problem.