Tall spindles a must for B-Body brake upgrade?

I'm looking at doing the B-Body brake upgrade. I saw Spohn was the only one that stated they have a "Tall" spindle made for the conversion. Does it make a difference or not, I was looking at the upper and lowers from G-Body.

The B-body steering knuckles are taller than the G-body knuckles. The B knuckles will be required to use the corresponding calipers and 1LE brake rotors.

The taller knuckle is what improves the suspension geometry, but the lower steering arm creates more bump steer than the already-too-low steering ARM on the G knuckle.

The B-body steering knuckles are taller than the G-body knuckles. The B knuckles will be required to use the corresponding calipers and 1LE brake rotors.

The taller knuckle is what improves the suspension geometry, but the lower steering arm creates more bump steer than the already-too-low steering ARM on the G knuckle.
THANK YOU!!! I've been saying that for sooo long. At least we can agree on one thing.:)

The B/A body spindles are 1" taller and you need different upper arms to use them properly. You modify the stock spindle for a bigger rotor and caliper if all you want it better brakes. There are 2 different knuckles as well. The later one is for a 12" rotor and the earlier one is for the 11" rotor so make sure which knuckle you get if you decide to go that way.

Clear, Does G-Body offer a "Tall" A-Arm? I've only seen Spohn and Hotchkis. Also where do you notice the bump steering issue?

Brian doesn't offer one but you might check out UB Machine. They may have a set but most of theirs are custom made.

THANK YOU!!! I've been saying that for sooo long. At least we can agree on one thing.:)

The B/A body spindles are 1" taller and you need different upper arms to use them properly. You modify the stock spindle for a bigger rotor and caliper if all you want it better brakes. There are 2 different knuckles as well. The later one is for a 12" rotor and the earlier one is for the 11" rotor so make sure which knuckle you get if you decide to go that way.

actually, they had the big 12" brakes on the B bodies going all the way back to when they downsized them for the 77 model year.. they were a part of the HD suspension package that was only used in wagons and cop cars.
they went with the big brakes across the board on the B bodies when they redesigned them for the 91 model year.

That's why I brought up the A bodys Derrik. They're kinda interchangable so you have to make sure which ones you get.:)

Clear, Does G-Body offer a "Tall" A-Arm? I've only seen Spohn and Hotchkis. Also where do you notice the bump steering issue?

I have B spindles/UB machine arms on my T and Baers with stock spindles/tall ball joints on my 2+2.

Handling/braking feel is similar, but bump steer slop is noticeable with the B spindles and I don't notice it at all with the stock spindles/tall ball joints.

You feel the bump steer on rough pavement and turning you find yourself making little corrections that you wouldn't if there was no bump steer.