Taking the Plunge.. Twin Turbo LS

fatride

Well finally said good bye to the Stage II stuff..... Time to do something different.. LS Twin Turbo...
Hopefully parts will start showing up in a few weeks... Was gonna do a budget 5.3 but decided if going through all this just do a forged shortblock...
New 346" shortblock, Diamond pistons, Scat H beam rods, new GM crank.. With all ARP bolts..
Cam will be spec'd next week before the build starts..
Going with ported 317 heads.. With the GM MLS HG's I'll be at 9.6:1 (will be running E85)
The plan is for Twin 76's with Twin Turbo Liquid Intercooler....
As far as motor mounts, Going Dirty Dingo Sliders W/SBC solid mounts...
Pics will start in a few weeks once I recieve the motor.. I will list part#'s and cost per each part to give you guys an idea... I'm new to this so learing as I go....

sounds really cool. FYI I am using the Dirty Dingo wp spacers and idler relocation, their stuff is really nice and their tech support (Brent is who I got) is amazing. Brent is exchanging emails with me right now because the belt they sent me is about an inch too short, and it's after 9pm on a Saturday. I'm impressed, I'll for sure buy from them again.

I'm excited to do this build. I'm hoping to be no less than 800 to the wheels.. Well this is my goal! I recieved a buch of parts this past week, and more to come.. I will add part#'s and prices/pics later in the week...
Dave, thanks for your help, and I have your # so I'll be calling with a ton of questions in the near future..
Thank you

Fatride, can you elaborate on why this decision. Were you having issues with the stage II stuff or not getting the power you wanted or what? Thanks

Fatride, can you elaborate on why this decision. Were you having issues with the stage II stuff or not getting the power you wanted or what? Thanks
Simple.. $$$$$$ The cost of the S2 build comes at a price. Even if you budget a S2 stage headed motor your still going to be in the 10K + range. S2 headers alone will run you $1200-2000 if you can find any... Now if I had a stock GN or T I would never do the LS motor.. My car is more of a race car. And when doing this converion, nothing will be hacked or cut.. If one day I wanted to go back V6 it's a drop in install.. The LS parts are a dime a dozen.. My goal is to have a 1000+ HP LS motor for under 5K I have bought 75% of my parts alreay and not at the 5K mark yet.. Here is a quick list of parts and what I paid.. Shipping not included
317 heads/rockers/stands, $50
Brian Tooley dual spring kit, $209
Dirty Dingo sliders/SBC mounts, $160
Coils/mounts/harness, $80
Headers, $25
front/rear/Valley covers, $45
Balancer, Free
Oil pan, $125
LS7 roller lifters, $110
LS9 Hg's, $90
ARP studs, $299
My short block will be 346ci forget assembly.