Take a ride... A 6.93 second 211+ MPH Street Nova Turbo!

IEATV8S

This is it! We have video of Larry Larson running 6.93 seconds and 211 mph in his '66 Chevy Nova that was the winner of Hot Rod magazine's Drag Week in 2008 and 2009. The car never went in the 6s during Drag Week, but Larry called BangShift.com and told us that he was headed West from Missouri to Nevada for the 2009 PSCA Street Car Super Nationals. He said we had to be there, because he was going to get it done! And he did, running 6.99 on Thursday night's test and tune before we ever showed up.

He went even faster by the time we had the BangShift cameras on the car, and this video shows three views of the 6.93 pass at The Strip in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 21. We have one camera on Larry, another on the front bumper (that is some crazy footage!) and one hand held from the starting line.

Bang Shift : Videos : Racing & Action : Video: In-Car and On-Car Footage of Larry Larson's 6.93-Second Quarter Mile Pass in a Real Street Driven Nova

Almost looked like the other car, which had a head start on him, actually stopped in the middle of the track, but then you realize that's only because the deuce was quickly catching up.

Wow, thanks for posting that.
Truly an amazing street car...

Gulp!!

Ummm... HOLY CRAP!! That is soo cool. :cool::eek:

Anybody know what the other car ran for comparison. It looked built to run fast with tubs, etc.
I guess fast is a relative term!! ;)

He was doing a whole bunch of steering while he was pulling gears too.

Damn!!!

Awesome video,some really awesome shots and it felt like I was allmost in it....But...Street car? I mean just cause it can be driven on the street does that make it a street car?,im just asking not debating...

To me it looked like it was missing the rear and passenger seats and not to mention shifting that thing while trying to talk on your cell or eat some drive threw...

It may just be me but I think a true street car needs some options,im adding more to mine...I mean mines not no 6 second race car,but easy 9s and I have electric windows,locks,keyless entry,remote trunk pop and complete full interior...I plan on adding A/C also,non of which came in my camaro..

I guess to run 6 seconds you have to lighten up somewhere,does it have all the factory glass in it still? wipers? Im just curious as to what it has,we know it has mega power:biggrin:

Awesome video,some really awesome shots and it felt like I was allmost in it....But...Street car? I mean just cause it can be driven on the street does that make it a street car?,im just asking not debating...

To me it looked like it was missing the rear and passenger seats and not to mention shifting that thing while trying to talk on your cell or eat some drive threw...

It may just be me but I think a true street car needs some options,im adding more to mine...I mean mines not no 6 second race car,but easy 9s and I have electric windows,locks,keyless entry,remote trunk pop and complete full interior...I plan on adding A/C also,non of which came in my camaro..

I guess to run 6 seconds you have to lighten up somewhere,does it have all the factory glass in it still? wipers? Im just curious as to what it has,we know it has mega power:biggrin:

Just for you here's an UPDATE with VIDEO of the car cruisin' THE STRIP in Lost Wages!!!!!

Also MUCH MORE detail about the car!

Bang Shift : Car Features : Chevy : Video and Feature Story: Larry Larson's 6-Second Drag Week Nova Cruising the Vegas Strip

wow, what a run. all he did was launch, pull 4 shift levers right after another, then hit the chute button. that's fast.

Wow. That car looks like a GD missle going down the track, then he catches AND passes the guy like he was tied to a stump. Holy chit...thats all I can say.

BTW Its not a street car if you dont have a radio :biggrin: (although the sound of twin 88's would be fine with me)

It actually looks like an 11 second car, making a pass, on some open reel film from the 1920's lol. It looks as if the film was sped up on purpose. that's just too fast for me. I'd need a g suit that pilots have to wear.