tail ights wont work right/how to remove trunk lock

Odog87

Two questions. First off when I turn the exterior lights on head lights work but the tail lights dont come on. But when I hit the brakes the tail light come on. So is there a fuse for the tail lights or could it be improper wiring.....also How do you remove the rear lock, do you have to break off the rivet holding it in? And how would you replace it if you did? cause I cant lock my car due to missing door keys.

drill out the rivet , pull the retainer clip , lock and arm slides out .
when you put it back you could use a rivet or a small screw to hold the retainer

lamps could be bad bulbs or a bad headlamp switch or a wiring issue from the fuse box to the tail lamps

+1 on the trunk lock.
On the tails, check the bulbs. (check for single and dual filament) If they don't match you could have issues.

First check & see if you have a power trunk release in the glove box ;)
We normally just go in thru the back seat. Takes about 5 minutes to remove the 2 outside seat belts that hold the upper half of the seat. Pull the jute pad & go on in.
We have done it both ways. It just seems it's a PITA to drill that rivot out. If you put a screw back it just makes it easy for some one else to get back into your trunk.