Tacoma V-6

I drive one everyday at work. it is an '01 with the v6 and 5speed. I see no problem with towing and hauling. Just be mindful of smoking the clutch if you have to pull out on a hill with a trailer and car behind you. Power will not be a problem though.

I bought one in new 1996. a 2x4 ex cab auto V6. With 50 miles on the clock, we drove it to FL from MS to pick up my brothers Camaro. When we hooked up to the car hauler with the camaro on it, as we rolled the tounge jack down, the front tires of the truck were coming off the ground lol uhhh ohhh.. so we yanked the factory cheapo rear shocks off and matched them up at a local autozone with some new air shocks. installed them and tried it again. perfect! the rear of the truck didnt move a inch under a load. So we hit the highway and blasted home running 80 and 90mph getting 15mpg with the car hauler and car! My brother and I laughed in amazement all the way home. THEN..I traded it for a 99 model, same everything, but 4x4. Drove it all the to MS from Reno NV to pick up a 68 Chevelle. and hauled it all the way back to NV! I did change the tranny fluid after that haul tho. Who needs a Dually!! I miss those trucks very much.

When i first started my business i had a 97, V6 SR5 4X4, and it pulled my 7X12 enclosed trailer, loaded to the hilt with no problem. I loved that truck.

Wow. I'm trying to find an 05 or 06 4x4 double cab, but they are hard to find. most are 4x2. Thanks for all the input.