Tachometer installation

URSPANKED

I just purchased a 3 3/4" Autometer Street Performance tach for my '87 GN. The instructions say to connect the green wire to the tach terminal on the electronic ignition. Can anyone tell me where this would be? Is this located on the coilpack somewhere? I appreciate your help very much.

Theres a green wire behind the alternator with a connector on it, but its not plugged in. Use it.

Green Tachometer Wire

My son cleaned up my engine compartment by putting the flexible wire looms over most of the wiring. I am unable to find the green wire with the connector behind the alternator, so I can hook up my new tach. Does anyone know where this wire comes from?

Cavity E of the CCCI connector, white wire. This is the tach output wire. It goes into the harness, daisy-chains to the green connector, then goes to the C100 bulkhead (which ultimately ties to the dash wiring harness, Boost-Tach module). You can use that white wire to feed your tach. Some aftermarket tachs don't work well with the CCCI signal, in which case you'd need a signal converter.

-John Spina

Re: Green Tachometer Wire

Originally posted by URSPANKED
My son cleaned up my engine compartment by putting the flexible wire looms over most of the wiring. I am unable to find the green wire with the connector behind the alternator, so I can hook up my new tach. Does anyone know where this wire comes from?

It's not a green wire with a connector. It's actually a white wire, what you're actually looking for is a green connector.