TA61-Aggressive auto.com

mzunino

Anybody using these turbos from this supplier??? If so anyone breaking into the 10's??? How is the supplier to deal with??

Ta-61 Aggressive Auto

If a lady named Dawn still works for him stay away,I asked if the parts were in stock before I placed my order and was told that they were and my card was charged and after several conversations and non returned phone calls I contacted the vendor myself(Chopper @ Limited Eng) to get my turbo pushed through.Also I asked for a Terry Houston down pipe(which I was told that they had on the shelf)and recieved an ATR one which I had to send to another vendor to had corrected.My opinion...Bruce was very polite and helpful but if the same person is still there....Stay Away!!!!!

Aggressive auto

Bruce is a stand up guy, he knows his Turbo Buicks. I had him do work for me on my G.N. I would recommend him to anyone.

turbo tom

vl1500 what brand of turbo do they sell not listed??? What kind of performance did you get out of it??

Aggressive Auto

I purchased a TA-61(limit eng)have not had a chance to run the car yet working on other cars.

Two things,

You can rebuild the 49 into that turbo if it's old and not resellable.

I'd only get this turbo if you want the stock look as the new 61mm wheels are ahead of this turbo now.

ta-61 aggressive turbo

I never said that Bruce was not a great guy I only answered a question in reference to the problem that I had with his employee!!

TA 60 will go 10s with a good combo.

Anybody using these turbos from this supplier??? If so anyone breaking into the 10's??? How is the supplier to deal with??

So far I've gone 11:17 @ 122 mph with my TA61. This was with 91 oct / alky, on my old motor. Boost was at 22 lbs. hoping to go tens with new motor. See combo below.

Mike B.

Spoolfool what kind of stall are you running? I only have 2800 but it is a 9 1/2". Considering the purchase

Two things,

You can rebuild the 49 into that turbo if it's old and not resellable.

I'd only get this turbo if you want the stock look as the new 61mm wheels are ahead of this turbo now.

Anybody know how much it would cost to rebuild a TA-49 into a TA-61? I have a good TA49 but have always wanted the TA-61. I know it's old tech, but I like the numbers the Turbo produce.

Dannyo

My TE60 made it down to 11.08 with a Extender Extreme before it self grenaded. And my best with a PT54 with the FAST was 10.35. According to gnttype.org the 54 and 61 share the same wheels. Both were around 24# of boost and C16. The 54 basically dynoed the same horsepower and torque on C16 and 93/Alky. But I never made it back to the track with the Alky set up.

Spoolfool what kind of stall are you running? I only have 2800 but it is a 9 1/2". Considering the purchase

The 11:17 run was with a Art Carr 9" non LU 3200 stall. 60' time was a 1.50 on 275/60/15 MT DRs. Dirrect scan shows that I left off the trans brake at 4200 rpms. I also run a 373 gear out back. This brings the final ratio to about 10% lower than stock (with the 28" tall tire). I felt that this converter was looser than needed for a street car. I had it tightened up to a 3000 and now feels perfect "for my combo". Havent had it back to the track yet with new stall.

You may be able to spool a TA 61 with a 2800 if you have a good tune on the car. Don't have any exhaust leaks. Have a good chip like a Turbo Tweak, and run a small tire (26"). RJC boost controler helps too. Sometimes too loose of a converter just spools the turbo too fast and blows the tires away.

Mike B.

How much boost/timing are you running on 91?

Boost was at 22 lbs. Timing at 23/22. Turbo Tweak chip.

This is a fully loaded car. AC, Cruz, Steal rims, and about a 15 mph head wind, on a hot day.