TA49 install questions

Scooter3800

rippin sh!t up!
I recently bought and installed a TA49 (precision exhaust housing) and there is not a lot of room between the IAC and the inlet bell. I've looked at other people combinations with the TA49 and it looks like they have more room than I do.

I thought it would be pretty close to matching the stock turbo. I have stock exhaust manifolds, stock intake, with the exception of a RJC power plate. I don't really want to buy a IAC angle boss if I don't have to.

Any ideas?:confused:
IAC2.jpg

IAC.jpg

That is strange, I had a 49 on my car when purchased and had plenty of room. I now have a CPT 66 BB with a 4" inlet and it still clears with a 4" cold air kit.
Bryan

This is all that needs to be done. With a TA-49, you do not need an angle boss. The MAF pipe will make enough of a bend to clear the wires, if and only if you bend the wires out of the way as shown in my picture.
This is a picture of a PT6776S with a TO4S compressor cover that has a 4" inlet. The rest of my motor is stock with the exception of a Power Plate, timing chain and valve springs.

DSC00895.jpg

Just bend your wires out of the way and you will be just fine.
FYI, this car came with a TA-49 when I purchased her back in Jan of last year. The wires were exactly how you see them in the pic. I now have a PT6776RHP with an even larger compressor cover and do not have a angle boss.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Could also take the pins out of the black connector and just attach to the proper terminals and tape it up. The connector is what sticks out too far.

in the end for me it just came down to maybe type of maf pipe? angle of it and sleeves

Mine just gave me fits with no room so id have to hang one clamp over the inlet then wiggle sleeve on etc and when i went to the 4inch..forget it so i got the angle doodad and all types of room now

Mike

When I swapped my stock turbo for the TA49 everything fit right back in place like stock, no angle boss for the IAC, although like what was said above the wires must be bent down out of the way. The maf pipe is very close but it doesn't hit, I was able to disconnect the IAC wire with the maf pipe hooked up and take out the IAC to clean it and the throttlebody yesterday, but when installing the IAC and trying to hook up the IAC wire with the maf pipe hooked, it would not work, I had to pull the maf pipe off to get the wire hooked back up to the IAC.