TA-v1522B timing set position ?

Ok man really appreciate it . Thought I was supposed to line up the zero mark with the dot on cam gear not the key on crank was going with like the stock gear set let me know thanks again
That still looks strange to me. Maybe you have a set of directions or something you're going by? Dot right above key way on crank with no paint in it should line up with dot on cam gear. Did you verify TDC of piston #1 before installing anything?

So the dot above the key on the crank is facing up, dot on cam gear facing down lined up right? Maybe take one more pic because the last pics you took still looked off. Better safe than doing it over

The "0" goes over the key as it points to #1 cylinder. There are multiple dots on the teeth of the crank gear. One of them will line up with the cam gear at TDC depending on if the crank gear is advanced, retarded, or straight up. He has it right for straight up.

Ok so it right then ? Just want to be sure cause gonna finish it tomorrow had to stop in the middle of doing it for about 2 weeks maybe more should be done in 2 days fingers crossed.hope that rear seal holds that's really my only worry 1st time doing it .

The "0" goes over the key as it points to #1 cylinder. There are multiple dots on the teeth of the crank gear. One of them will line up with the cam gear at TDC depending on if the crank gear is advanced, retarded, or straight up. He has it right for straight up.
I see what's going on now. (y)

Yea it's confusing it looks like it's on the 2A*to manny dots . Want to thank everyone will post when it running.

You have it right bpman1234. I made the mistake of lining the "0" up with the cam gear mark and ended up with the cam retarded and not enough rod to cam clearance on a stroker engine, thus grinding a bunch off the rods that I did not have to. Easy to get confused with all the slots and numbers.

Thanks it took us a few times before I understood what you guys were trying to tell me sometimes I am a little thick headed. Thanks again .

Finally got it done want to thank everyone for chiming in and helping . Now I got to go see why my spark plugs look the way they did when I pulled them out . Try to load the video of it running but didn't load

Last edited: