TA Performance can now rebuild your Turbo V6 Balancer

TABuickMike

Michael Tomaszewski Jr
TA Performance can now rebuild your stock turbo V6 balancer. We will take your balancer, clean it, mag it to check for cracks, remove the old crank trigger wheel, and then glass bead the balancer. We'll then apply a new coat of paint, and once its dry press on a brand new crank trigger wheel. Price for the service is $129.95 and you must provide a balancer as we don't have any cores.

BeforeBack.jpg
AfterBack.jpg
BeforeTop.jpg
AfterTop.jpg

BeforeSide.jpg
AfterSide.jpg

Cool Deal....

Got a question, the balancers off of the N/A 109 blocks appear to be the same balancer minus the trigger wheel. I'm guessing you could perform the same process to these & add a trigger wheel for use on a turbo engine?

The pics are Too Small!! Make them Bigger!

Seriously, nice option to have for the beat up balancers.

TA Performance can now rebuild your stock turbo V6 balancer. We will take your balancer, clean it, mag it to check for cracks, remove the old crank trigger wheel, and then glass bead the balancer. We'll then apply a new coat of paint, and once its dry press on a brand new crank trigger wheel. Price for the service is $129.95 and you must provide a balancer as we don't have any cores.

Looks NICE!!
One of the questions that remain a mystery (as far as I know :redface:) is position of the crank trigger wheel, specifically the window alignment.

Would you be willing to share that info so we can review whether the balancers on our cars are correct or may need to be rebuild?

Cool Deal....

Got a question, the balancers off of the N/A 109 blocks appear to be the same balancer minus the trigger wheel. I'm guessing you could perform the same process to these & add a trigger wheel for use on a turbo engine?

Yes we could restore the balancer but we cant add the trigger wheel. The N/A and turbo balancers are different, the trigger flywheel wont press onto the N/A balancer as the hub is a smaller diameter.

Looks NICE!!
One of the questions that remain a mystery (as far as I know :redface:) is position of the crank trigger wheel, specifically the window alignment.

Would you be willing to share that info so we can review whether the balancers on our cars are correct or may need to be rebuild?

If the trigger wheel is bent up then it could probably use to be rebuilt as it is very difficult to nearly impossibly to rework them to make it straight again. The chances of the wheel being a little off center like it spun on the hub isn't very likely as it is pressed on but if its bent up like its been hit or messed with, I guess it could be possible. Alternatively if someone is freshening up their engine and would like a cheaper alternative rather than an aftermarket balancer, or are trying to keep a stock look this is a great options as well.

It says paint, is that like automotive grade enamel or are you/can you powdercoat that at this cost or cost +?

It says paint, is that like automotive grade enamel or are you/can you powdercoat that at this cost or cost +?

Yes we paint them with an engine enamel. And yes we could have it powder coated for an aditional cost. To have just one balancer coated would be expensive compared to it being in a lot, so if you wanted one powder coated we could send it with our valve covers the next time we send a lot off to be coated, that way its cheaper. My guess would be around an additional $20, not exactly sure though.

does that include a balance?

No, it is an externally balanced balancer so there is no way for us to balance it. If we had your crank and flywheel and weight of your rods and pistons we could.

Us rebuilding the balancer wont affect the balance at all, all we are doing is cleaning and painting it and replacing the trigger wheel with a new one. So if your engine is balanced with it on, it will still be balanced after we restore it. If your balancer has been drilled on to balance the engine, then it was balanced wrong. The crank should have been ground not the balancer. This is because if you ever replaced the balancer your engine would then be out of balance, whereas if they ground the crank, you could replace the balancer and it wouldnt affect the engines balance.

Yes we paint them with an engine enamel. And yes we could have it powder coated for an aditional cost. To have just one balancer coated would be expensive compared to it being in a lot, so if you wanted one powder coated we could send it with our valve covers the next time we send a lot off to be coated, that way its cheaper. My guess would be around an additional $20, not exactly sure though.

Thats nice to know!! and as usual TA comes through for the Buick community. Keep up the good work!!

There are some old posts about how to check if the trigger wheel has moved. basically a piece of string across the balancer from the slot to window opening altho there is more to it & I dont have the old thread handy.

There are some old posts about how to check if the trigger wheel has moved. basically a piece of string across the balancer from the slot to window opening altho there is more to it & I dont have the old thread handy.

Well, that is pretty much what I was asking originally.
I have read the thread, and there are still lots of questions on this, and to my knowledge, there have never been a concrete answer.

I was just interested in learning where TA sets the window after the rebuild.
Not going to get any further into this issue, on this thread, unless Mike chooses to do so. :biggrin:

Well, that is pretty much what I was asking originally.
I have read the thread, and there are still lots of questions on this, and to my knowledge, there have never been a concrete answer.

I was just interested in learning where TA sets the window after the rebuild.
Not going to get any further into this issue, on this thread, unless Mike chooses to do so. :biggrin:

We have a tool to press the trigger wheels on so that they are lined up in the right spot and so that they can only be pressed on in that correct spot ;)